Historical Mod and production

WaW very good improvement to the game. I give you guys 2 thumbs up. I played Com: Europe @ War and I likes it, very pretty but I like your game better. AI is better, better scripts, better events.

--- on to the question

Trying to make a historical mod and I wanted some info on production.

It seems like prodution is set @ X MPPs and is only modified by technology up a little or down a little. In the actual war production went up drastically. An example is that the germans produced a lot more aircraft in 1944 than in 1940.

Is this how production is stuck at?

You can amend the increases that research gives. In the editor, go to:

Campaign

Edit Country Data

Edit Research

There should be a button marked "advanced" in the bottom right. Here you can amend the effect of research to a significant degree, and hopefully you'll be able to tweak it to achieve the result you're after!

In my A3R mod I included several mobilization events for USA and USSR to add resources in a planned manner. There is some randomness as to when they kick in each year, but at least players have a baseline of historic growth to count on. USSR already has the Urals Industry event to add some resources.

IT and PT tech advances are also needed, but with the planned resource additions I don't have to resort to large % increments subject to random research advances to recreate USA and USSR economic growth. Those could also work of course but the risk is having economic growth that is much too fast or much too slow depending on Lady Luck.

IMHO, the combination of mobilization events and research advances results in a pretty good recreation of what actually happened. Those tech advances are modest (5% each) and limited by country based on the old A3R growth rates. For example, USA and Germany with 50% growth rates can go to Level 5 IT and PT, USSR with 30% can go to Level 3, etc. Germany has a chance to see some significant production gains, but USA and USSR have those built in mobilization events to ensure historical growth.