Cyprus 1974 mod

I have created a scenario of the Turkish invasion of the island of Cyprus. I have tried to put it onto cmods several times but have been unsuccessful so far.

I would be happy to email anyone the zip or rar file if anyone is interested.

At the moment I an still working on the Turkish AI so it is only really practical to play it 2 player or as the Turkish side. The Cypriot defenders don't do too bad a job without scripts but I will also be adding these when I can.

I will update the scenario when I have sorted out the AI.

Very interesting scenario.

I have a solution for you :

http://www.blog4ever.com/

In this french adress, you may create your own page, as I did. And this page allows you to upload your own files on your page, as a servor : so, you will be able to diffuse your mod. It need 5 minute to create a personal page, not complicated.

It's in french but I can help you if wanted.

So, if you want not create a page, you may indicate me a e-mail adress : I will contact you and you will send me your files for my personal web page, if you want. ;)

After some playing with my settings it turns out to have been a firewall issue (d'oh!) and so after a swift turning off of the offending item I have successfully uploaded 1974 Cyprus onto cmmods.

The file is quite big as there are numerous graphical changes from the original (many thanks to the creators of those graphics... only a couple of which are actually mine!... I am VERY proud of the British scout car graphic so no knocking it please tongue.gif )

Anyway I hope some players are brave enough to download it and get some enjoyment from it.

And I promise to continue working on the AI scripts... having a few issues with amphibious transports at the moment tongue.gif

[ November 24, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Moonslayer ]

I have added a few new sounds... national anthems and helicopters. I had toyed with the idea of putting in more modern small arms fire but decided the game's own versions were better than any I could find.

However, I have been looking to d/l your 'fortress' mods and will probably do so this weekend.

I have also found a problem with a couple of the scripts in my game and have corrected them already. I will wait to update the file until I have sorted out the Cypriot AI scripts first.

New version of this mod is on CMMods now.

Many changes in this version including some map alterations to be more accurate. Also I have altered the unit names and strengths to more accurately reflect the actual capabilities of the forces at the time. I have included garrison scripts for the Cypriots but have left Famagusta to fend for itself as historically the Cypriot National Guard (CNG) left Famagusta undefended as they rushed to protect Nicosia. The economics have been tweaked to give Cyprus a little more of a chance to defend itself and the initial Turkish positions make it very tough to flood the island with troops, quickly. The British are a little more 'twitchy' now and are more likely to enter the war on the side of Cyprus if the Turks look as if they are about to overrun all the cities. The game is much harder for the Turkish forces than in the original version and produces much more historical results (ie a stalemate result) more often than not. In the next version I hope to have the Turkish AI up and running.

I have also put in a few new sound effects courtesy of Normal Dude (cheers).

Cheers, Fantomas, coming from you that is praise indeed smile.gif

Due to time issues I will probably stick to small scale conflicts like the cyprus invasion for my mods. I still have my WWII Africa mod in the 'pipeline' but feel I am unlikely to ever finish that one.

I think my next project will probably be 'Invasion: Malta' based on Operation Herkules that was called off after the debacle of the invasion of Crete (another potential project).

I have visions of an 'Invasion' series of scenarios ;)