American Civil War Game

I like it. But I have some complaints just to make you work harder.

Start date is wrong. Map is a bit too large, I would like a more compact one. Units should have other names rather brigades, divisions and corps than "armies". I don't get this "guard unit" either, I'd rather have militia emerging to represent drafts for the south. Artillery is probably not a good unit on this scale and there are way too many HQ:s. Try to go only with the top commanders for every theatre or main army formation not every single one. Naming of units should be more historically correct, and I think I saw some union cavalry named "2nd Pz". 3D units would be a blast.

Plus I would like some events, reduction of supply in the winter. Selection of cities are also a bit strange, no Philly or Jacksonville for example and there is more.

The south could also have convoy lanes to the french and british.

But hey I enjoyed it.

Gee whiz Kuniworth, I guess if I had another year to work on it I could make all those changes. (I did mention it as a work in progress.) I don't even know how to make most of your requested changes. I was mostly concerned with game balance. The South has the initial advantage, but the Union continues to grow stronger every month. I wish the cannon could be stronger without adding to the range, but how can you have a Civil war game without cannons? It wouldn't be civil. I would love to know how

to add convoys from Europe. Perhaps you could enlighten me. As far as the map being too big, I disagree. I suppose that I could add Philly. I use an occupation rule when I play. That is what the guards are for. Too many HQ's: Delete some.

[ October 25, 2006, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: John Hugo ]

Originally posted by John Hugo:

Gee whiz Kuniworth, I guess if I had another year to work on it I could make all those changes. (I did mention it as a work in progress.) I don't even know how to make most of your requested changes. I was mostly concerned with game balance. The South has the initial advantage, but the Union continues to grow stronger every month. I wish the cannon could be stronger without adding to the range, but how can you have a Civil war game without cannons? It wouldn't be civil. I would love to know how

to add convoys from Europe. Perhaps you could enlighten me. As far as the map being too big, I disagree. I suppose that I could add Philly. I use an occupation rule when I play. That is what the guards are for. Too many HQ's: Delete some.

Artillery should be incorporated in corps and armies. Change range of artillery and make the unit size brigades/divisions and it makes more sense.

I'm trying to get icons from Sid Meiers Gettysburg but no luck so far. You need a graphic converter for it unfortunately.

Retributer, consider this my official request for the community to help better my civil war conversion.

Here are a few things, which I would like to add.

1. The possibility of European intervention from France and England, which will be dramatically reduced after the Emacipation Procalmation event.

This event should not take place until the North occupies 4 southern cities, or something to that effect.

2. Disruptable convoys for both North and South to England and France. Confederacy should get a -2-1 advantage in convoys, to give the game a better balance, and because "cotton was king"

3. A requirement to garrsison occupied cities. If this is not done, then there should be a 1 out of 3 chance per turn, of the city rebelling and a partison appearing.

4.The ability of keeping certain generals in certain theaters. Example: Keeping Lee and Jackson near Richmond.

5. Subs which can sink each other.

6. Scripted events. Example: Confederacy captures Washington, and plunders city for MPPs. There should be plunder akin to conquering a country in SC2, when a Capital is captured.

7. Giving a player a choice, where to move the capital.

8. I would love to be able to draw red lines on the whole map showing the outline of all existing states at that time. It would just be eye candy, but would really look great.

ALRIGHT COMMUNITY GET STARTED!!!!!!

[ October 26, 2006, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: John Hugo ]

Originally posted by John Hugo:

Kuniworth, you don't like my icons? But I worked so hard on them. I am currently working on the 3d ones.

Yes the 3d ones...how do you do them? I always end up with a white square around my units which sucks bad.

I have managed to convert the bitmaps from Waterloo which would be awesome. I'm sure it's possible to get some from the Antietam too, but I just don't know how to make em look good on the map.