Resupply = fire mission (sometimes)

Kurtz

Sometimes (not always), ctrl-r becomes the command for a fire mission when it should be (according to the list of commands in the game) the Resupply command.

This has happened to me a few times (and some other who asked on the chat). Sometimes resupply (ctrl-r) works.

I have been careful not to press the wrong button (they are close on the keyboard).

Maybe you all had a bad batch of keyboards and they have a short between the keys and sometimes when you click on one they get switched.

Or maybe there is a gremlin in the game and its changing your commands just when it will tick you off the most.

Or maybe there is a weird intermittent bug in the game... naaawwww its must be the first one.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this again today with 0.9.42, but only in some games. Later it worked fine, on the same server and the same game session (DT was never shut down).

I got resupply remapped to F8 key, so it was definirely not the wrong key. Fire mission is still on Ctrl-F.

Yes, it says the team commander is the only one who can call in fire missions (or something to that effect). The problem is that I never wanted a fire mission. I wanted a resupply. And I press the key to get a resupply and somehow DT thinks I've requested a fire mission.

I haven't found any way of reproducing this issue. As I said, sometimes it works (= I get resupply), sometimes it doesn't (= I get a fire mission which I don't have authority to demand)

The worst case scenario is if I demand resupply as team commander and bring down a fire misssion on myself! :D

Sometimes a ctrl-R click does not register for me, i have to try it two or 3 times sometimes. Not sure I understand why this is.

At first I was thinking maybe someone already has a supply ship parked somewhere and I can't call another? But it happens even when I am alone on servers.

Originally posted by Kurtz:

Yes, it says the team commander is the only one who can call in fire missions...

Yes, I'v got the same message when trying call resupply. I'm not know english too much, so I doesn't know what "fire mission" meaning :)

It become in version 0.9.42 after commander was choosen. Before vote of commander it was working OK.