What About Operations?

KG_Jag

I don't think so.

I would love for a spirited Kursk campaign to end in the form of an operation involving combined arms and lots of tanks; the 1941 campaign to end in an operation to take Moscow; the Berlin campaign to conclude in an operation to take the Fuher Bunker; and so on.

If it is possible to include operations, the feature could add great depth to CMC/CMBB. But at this stage we are all operating on limited infomation about CMC. On the other side of the coin, it's also a stage where they may be able to incorporate new ideas or at least leave a space open for them to be added later.

Originally posted by KG_Jag:

I don't think so.

I would love for a spirited Kursk campaign to end in the form of an operation involving combined arms and lots of tanks; the 1941 campaign to end in an operation to take Moscow; the Berlin campaign to conclude in an operation to take the Fuher Bunker; and so on.

If it is possible to include operations, the feature could add great depth to CMC/CMBB. But at this stage we are all operating on limited infomation about CMC. On the other side of the coin, it's also a stage where they may be able to incorporate new ideas or at least leave a space open for them to be added later.

Sounds too scripted. Also - why duck out of a full operational game environment in to CMs pseudo operational one, when you can stay in the full one? If I have read correctly, CMC will allow sort of operations if the CMBB battlefield is still contested at the end of a sceanrio.

BTW - how is CMBB game length dealt with? Standard length based on a CMC turn? or something else. I hope this isn't hidden in the FAQ, or I might be Madmatted! ;)

60 minutes is standard-turn lenght in the tactical battles, too.

But since we know, that even surprise attacks on moving-units (set up in columns!) are possible, i don't expect all battles lasting until the last turn. The auto-surrender function will get a lot more to do, because of battle-variety. smile.gif

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

Will the CM:BB battles all be 60 min / 60 turn games (like what Steiner14 wrote) or will be there variations in the battle lengths?

I took this response to mean that battle dont have to be 60 minutes.

Originally posted by Ranton:

In the operational map, are the units movement plotted?, its a we go system?. If, as I suspect, the answer is yes, how the battles are generated?. Units coming at the battle area a bit later will join the engaging units as reinforces?. How is determinated the battle lenght?. How long is needed to wait until the next battle?...

What a wonderfull new, i wont play a ME never more

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hunter:

Yes, yes, yes. Time left in turn (normally 60 min turns) = battle length. Next turn can be a new battle.

</font>