How Big Can You Go?

Zemke

In my quest for the "perfect scenario", and my penchant for large battles, I seem to have run up against a size limitation due to my computer's ability to process. For me the larges battles that are playable is no more than 12 vehicles or around a Bn+ of infantry. How about everyone else?

Scenario sent your way. Give me some feed back too, it has no briefing as of yet.

However what I was really trying to get was what is the maximum limit or battle size people are generally able to play on their computers? I have been thinking of upgrading of late, and sort of want to know about what processor and graphics card would be good to allow me to play larger battles or as large as I can.

it seems the nvidia slow memory thingy bug hits me. if there are big(baon vs. baon) battles you notice the slow refreshrate extreme...i dont know how to say it. its like the terrain constantly refreshes and the units LOD´s get all weird and ugly.

i have about 0,5 to 1 FPS than.

currently i have a core duo E6400 and an GF7950GT and 2 gig ram runing winXPsp2. so i think this could be better if the game would use the recources available...

if this will work once, iam in again for big scenarios :D

ok, some quick testing reveled that while playing as red i could add two tank campanies to red and one to blue. and only when the were a few (read lots) of brewed up tanks did i notice even a little slowdown. hope that answers the question.

Thanks Hev, your system must be much better than my old AMD 64 3500 2.2 ghz with 2 Gig of ram....but this is the ONLY game I have frame rate problems with. Hev, how big a battle can you do on your computer and not just my scenario but any battle, what is the maximum number of units fighting before you get poor FPS and lag? I ask because I was wondering if it is my system or does everyone run up against a limit sooner or later. I thought the later, but as Pandur's example shows, his computer is a fairly recent model and he is having problems. I know (I am rambling here) thinking out loud, so this begs the question is the problem computer related or specific to certain computer configuration and video cards? Also, there has to be a limit (I would think) for every computer, before FPS go to hell in a hand basket.

[ October 11, 2007, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Zemke ]

For 'playable' giant gameplay (just juggling the units) I'm frightened to got much bigger than 2/3rd of a battalion all at once. But more if the units come in piecemeal as reinforcements. I've already got my first bunch of guys heading in the direction I want when the second batch shows up. Then I set the reinforcements in motion in time for a third bunch to arrive. The way I play, by the time the fourth batch arrives I don't have to concern myself with the first bunch of troops anymore ;)