Javelin question

That's a true fact. There is no communication between the CLU and the missle after launch. This means you can't have a command guided missle, like the TOW. There isn't an option to choose which method of attack in-game. But, there's also no way for a tank to have overhead cover in-game. So really, it's not needed.

I can't remember how they said they were supposed to do it but I do remember getting the initial briefings on the system and having them tell us that it had a command guided mode. (There I go telling how old I am again.) They probably decided to do away with that rather than put wires or a jammable radio on the thing.

So has anyone seen one do a direct attack?

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

That's a true fact. There is no communication between the CLU and the missle after launch. This means you can't have a command guided missle, like the TOW. There isn't an option to choose which method of attack in-game. But, there's also no way for a tank to have overhead cover in-game. So really, it's not needed.

I forgot that there are no bridges to hide under. I wonder about for future expansions though.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

I think they should stick the Javelin on everything. With relatively light weight and softlaunch it should be an easy mod.

I'd like to see a Javelin attachment point on the M4. Alternatively, modifiy the M203 to launch Javelins. Hell Yeah!

smile.gif

You know, any platform that is capable of launching a stinger could theoretically launch a Javelin. They have similar characteristics.

They both have BCU's, they both launch similarly (soft launch I think you guys are calling it), they both require manual targeting, they're both fire and forget.

Just imagine it:

All the M6 Linebackers that are being dismantled, being outfitted with a Javelin launcher. That puts you in armor, capable of laying waste to all that moves. Might even make the M1 obsolete(just kidding, tankers).

Avengers, being retrofitted with Javelin missles. While also maintaining the remote launch capability. That's a mobile, multiple launch, anti-tank platform, with incredible crew survivability(because they don't have to be inside the vehicle to fire).

Helicopters with Javelins. HELICOPTERS!!!!! The humanity. The horror! The other world powers would raise hell in the UN Discussion forums with posts about NERFING the Javelin.

You could also replaced all the AT Hummers with Javelin launchers. And then, like earlier suggested, just slap them on everything.

Supply convoys with Javelin turrets on the 5tons. 113's with Javelin launchers on the roof (somebody might want to get near one then). M1's with Javelins. We could even hand them to our infantry!!! Oh wait, we already do that.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

RIIIGHT, like the time our engineers had a contest to see who could make the biggest explosion with the leftover box of C-4.

Granted, we might have egged them on, and maybe contributed just a little to the ideas. :D

The worst are the EOD guys.

We finished a trench live fire and had a claymore that didn't blow. The blasting cap went off but it just blew a hole in the mine (kind of spooky actually). So instead of setting up some perimeter and doing the whole "we're going to blow this up" thing that they normally do they just kicked it in a hole, put a blob of C4 on it, and set it off. They didn't even give us a "Fire in the hole!" We just suddenly heard a big bang and were showered with dirt and rocks. The EOD guys thought it was hilarious.

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

Here's a little video we took last tour......

The EOD teams decided that 30 pounds of C4 were necessary to destroy a small cinder block house that was being used to make IED's.

Well, it's in the top 5 coolest explosions I've ever seen.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1297288

Nice.

I was going to go EOD and went through all the interviews but had been at Lewis less than a year so they couldn't take me. By the time my year point rolled around I was having too much fun being a squad leader and had gotten married. For some reason my wife didn't want me playing with explosives any more than I already did.

Maybe I should change the name of this thread.