Squad Weapons

pcelt

I am confused re 2 aspects

1)Is each U.S. rifle squad intrinsically equipped to fire 2 AT4s without "acquiring" anything from vehicle? (the icons seem to show this).

2)If your engineer squad has demo charges how precisely do you order them to use these to attack eg a nearby tank etc.

Many thanks

Hi,

“1) Is each U.S. rifle squad intrinsically equipped to fire 2 AT4s without "acquiring" anything from vehicle? (the icons seem to show this).”

Yes… they are in the habit of just carrying them around. Just in case.

“2)If your engineer squad has demo charges how precisely do you order them to use these to attack eg a nearby tank etc.”

They are for breaching walls… moving through walls in buildings…you use the Blast command…I think ;) .

All the best,

Kip.

Still at a loss with this "Blast"order value---just blew a hole at the back of a building --but all the assalt troops ran round to the front door and were mauled by fire from down the street.{pretty crucial flaw in town fighting)

Is this feature still not corrected by 1.03 or am I doing something wrong re orders.

Thanks for any feedback

Originally posted by pcelt:

Still at a loss with this "Blast"order value---just blew a hole at the back of a building --but all the assalt troops ran round to the front door and were mauled by fire from down the street.{pretty crucial flaw in town fighting)

Is this feature still not corrected by 1.03 or am I doing something wrong re orders.

Thanks for any feedback

You're not doing anything wrong. It's still broken.

Originally posted by pcelt:

Thanks for any feedback

This is really pissing me off. Built a who scenario around the IDF, "Walk the Walls" techniqure and Nada! An entire Platoon went right flanking into an enemy fire sack. ID tags and letters to Mum all round!

"We regeret to inform..."

So--to sum up re the pathfinding of squads presented with a blasted hole at the rear of a house. They will still ignore that route and make a route right round the building toward the front door probably committing suicide in the attempt....

It does seem to me that this makes the sensible conduct of any attack through a built-up area impossible to plan (unless all buidings have a back and front door--)

I trust an early remedy for this is in BFs plans as this flaw greatly reduces the number of really "playable" scenarios.