GUI needs a tweak....

c3k

... regarding the ammo panel. The rifle ammo icon is too close in appearance to the MG ammo icon.

My suggestion is to use a single bullet for rifle ammo and the multiple rounds (in a linked belt) for MG ammo.

Please implement immediately. You may credit my name in the next release.

Carry on.

Ken

Bradley Dick: Yes, but my point being a SINGLE round for rifle ammo would be a higher contrast to the MULTIPLE machinegun rounds. (As well, the various other bits of gear and capabilities represented by the icons are a bit, um, vague in some cases. E.g., the "Breach" tool - modern battering ram - looks very much like a rocket launcher. A sledge hammer, for an off the cuff example, would have a higer recognition factor and contrast.)

Don't even get me started on the other icons.

Statisoris: Sorry to get your hopes up. My refence to the v1.03 release was from a previous thread. Steve mentioned, when queried for a specific date of release, that it would be, "...soon. A few days...", at which point the OP stated, "There. You have it from Steve that the patch will be released Tuesday at 4 p.m." Or something like that. It was all in jest. Except that the patch should be out soon.

Thanks,

Ken

I was thinking of if the squad and the MG both use 7.62 rounds...old RPK for example....

Why two sets of ammo in the display?

Could it not just used one display?

Also, anyone noticed the syrians are really low on ammo? I hope the ammo gets stacked back into the BMP and BTR's in an upcoming patch. Oh and some spare RPG18's would be nice smile.gif

I dunno, I had no problem telling which was the rifle and which was the MG ammo. I guess that makes me think that the new icon would be a waste of time. But, I've never been much for the big crayon approach.

However, I do think some of the icons are a little vague unless you have a manual. But since they've suggested they're working on a new "Unit info/kills" panel, all that should be solved as well.... right ?

But in any case, reading the manual will serve just as well.

I can see the need for some new unit icons for sniper teams, though. Not that suppressing or otherwise hosing them is any different than an infantry squad that they may be confused with.