Two player Turn Based?

OK maybe I missed something but how does one play WEGO turn based scenario head to head?

Please tell me I am wrong in thinking that is only offered in acrade mode (RT) smile.gif

If so would it be possible to have a variable RT option to at least slooooow done the turns.

Love the idea of future add-ons/patchs being coop!

You can play WeGo with 2 player games by using the PBEM feature. PBEM doesn't mean you must use email to transfer the files so if you're playing on a LAN or Internet you can use file transfers instead of email. TCP/IP mode is RT only.

I don't think that it's a great solution but it works.

[ August 02, 2007, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: metalbrew ]

IMHO I find it very strange that this option has been removed. File transferring........wow I just purchased a low budget matrix game that the one man designer mentioned the exact same solution (reasoning being he could not afford the programming time to do TCP/IP) :)File transfer is a little old for a modern superiour wargame such as battlefront.

That being said I'm sure this is something that will be implemented as a simple feature fir the future.

Great New engine from Battlefront. I can't imagine how exciting the improvements are going to be over the next year or so!!!

The fact that TCP/IP WEGO was not included strikes me as dropping some level of support for WEGO. I know that some supporters of WEGO have been unreasonably savage on the boards. But I wish that some respect would be shown to those of us who are strictly turn based players, and who want to see, most especially, TCP/IP WEGO implemented.

We are not some sort of fringe persuing our own "pet peeve or favourite feature," but, rather, a mainstay of support for hard core wargames such as CM:BB, CM:AK, *and* CM:SF.

The thing that keeps frustrating me especially is this assertion that I keep reading some people make on these that "if WEGO lovers only played RT they would like it." I can assure you that most of us have tried RT and there are good and sound reasons *not* to like it, as a matter of preference in wargames.

I cannot stress enough how much a desire CM:SF to have the possibility of TCP/IP WEGO. I hope that when other fixes Steve and Charles deem more important are completed, they will restore this key element to the game.

At this point I am so frustrated by the lack of TCP/IP WEGO that I just *repurchased* CMBB and CMAK (the disks were among many that got destroyed when I moved last) in order to be able to play again, since it does not seem that TCP/IP WEGO will be making an appearance any time soon in CM:SF. Sigh ...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RCMP:

OK maybe I missed something but how does one play WEGO turn based scenario head to head?

Please tell me I am wrong in thinking that is only offered in acrade mode (RT) smile.gif

If so would it be possible to have a variable RT option to at least slooooow done the turns.

Love the idea of future add-ons/patchs being coop!

Well apart from the PBEM / Save to network features already covered you can still play hotseat if you are both in the one location.

PBEM isnt the same. i never managed to like it...
Yeah I am in the same boat, PBEM was never of any real interest, and TC/IP was always how I played.

I am actually more upset by the fact that there was what seemed like a million threads on whether or not PBEM would make it in while the fact that WEGO TC/IP was being left off didn't get mentioned. Like the original poster I didn't actually believe at first that it wasn't there.

oh, the WEGO threads are all back again.

we dont forgett :mad: ( tongue.gif )

hehe, seriously...

Yes I think we all "assumed"...
i "assumed" for sure after i read "features RT as WEGO play mode"

i never saw the tcpip WEGO thingy mentioned in a thread prior to release, so it hit me pretty hard.

now i have a vs. the AI game in fact...

EDIT:

and i dont have to tell about the AI in the game at the present state ;)