QB with no enemy forces

c3k

I just selected a TINY quick battle. I chose U.S. and gave the red a total "random" load-out. I was given four M1's.

After 10 minutes of prowling, hunting, etc., I'd reached the other side of the map with no contacts. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Goose egg. When I got bored trying to drive off the edge of the map (couldn't do it), I surrendered. (I wanted to see what I was up against.)

The end screen showed the enemy side suffered 0 casualties and had 0 men OK. Looking at the map also showed 0 enemy.

How does a QB generate NO ENEMY???

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Ken

C3k: If you are using Random setting you may be having a problem. This is a known QB issue. If you are using both Tiny and Random you can count on it not working. This has nothing to do with the maps. It's the QB selector that is buggy.

Reanimator: Since I just finished playing yet another QB battle as blue I can tell you that all forces do show up. The set up was Med Hills Attack. Attacker Blue minus 20% vs Red Infantry. I have not experienced anything like you've described. The QBG maps have worked pretty well. I don't want to pass the buck but if you also have original game QB maps installed you can have just what you describe. I would very much like to clear this up. Next time you have this problem if you could send me the save file and whatever set up info you may recall I can look into this If it's a QBG map that creating a problem I want to find out why.

When I said "If you are using both Tiny and Random you can count on it not working.", I was WRONG. I just played two tiny Both side Random with out a hitch. played one Red the other Blue. I know I had trouble in the past. I just don't recall if that was with 1.03 or even with all QBG maps. What I do know NOW is: With QBG maps loaded Tiny Random sides will play. I apologize for the any confusion my comment may have made.

I just used a dozen strykers plus infantry squads, 3 105mm support vehicles, a humvee, spotter and more. Enemy? 2 squads of what looked like mujahadeen, and an AT team. They all stayed in their trenches in the far corner of the battlefield. Can't say I blame them, either...

And another thing. When I targeted the mortars on them, all the fragments from the explosions that went over the edge of the land, just went down, and down, and down.... Is there a Turtle and 4 elephants underneath?

Tim