QB Report. Is there a Unit Value System?

Taki

I setup some Multiplayer Games with QB. It was Fun in CMx1 to buy Units and the Value System based on points. Where the Tiger was Cheaper in Mid44 then on 1942 because there wherent so many.

So will you bring that System back for CMSF? Or is there something like this going on behind the Scene when you choose what Type of Units or TOE is going to be played? Or is it always like this:

1. I choose INfantry with Stryker and alwas get a Battalion or COmpany or what ever and

2. Choose Tanks for the Enemy and he always get a Platoon of T55 or so?

What is going on behind the Scenes? Or is there anything going? Is it fair and balanced?

btw, the Problem with Setup Zones is still the Same.

I looked at older posts and there are nowhere my Problems adressed. Furthermore there have been lots of Patches, some posts are from September. Maybe there changed alot?

So question again:

Is there a "inner Point System" we dont see that is well balanced for diffrent types of Mapsized and missiontypes (like Assault, attack...) ?

I recall the BFC guys voiced some relief at finally getting out from under the CMx1 point system. CMx1's vast timescales and high turnover of equipment types had imposed a points purchasing system on the game. CMSF doesn't have that problem. The war lasts just 2-3 months and everybody comes to the party from the first day. 'Rarity' in CMSF just means the Republican guards aren't in the general area for this particular scenario, not that this or that piece of equipment has become obsolete.

Things might get more complex when we return to WWII and have several modules under our belts. Then we're back discussion Tiger I availability in Normandy and date of introduction of the Pershing.

You're deinitely going to get something like the CMx1 system for the WW2 module. For the modern era games, it doesn't look like it.

BTW, I pretty much exclusively played QBs in CMx1 too so it was my preferred play style. But since I came to CMx2, I'm MUCH happier playing scenarios or campaigns. You really shouldn't let the reduced QB functionality stop you from playing this game. These days, IMO only, I'm enjoying this game FAR more than I ever enjoyed CMx1. I still have CMBO on my laptop but now, it looks and plays like crap compared to CMSF. And I'm not slagging it off either, I LOVED CMBO.