Simulated Para Drops

Holien

A few years ago a Polish fighter (at least I believe it was Polish) had trouble during a training flight and the pilot ejected. He pointed the bird at the sea before ejecting but it turned and levelled out heading towards Germany. It crashed in Belgium. NATO fighters that intercepted it were rather surprised to find it uninhabited.

As to paras actually dropping in parachutes I suppose BFC's currently getting some practice with the upcoming 'DropTeam" scifi wargame. One supposes, considering the name, things dropping out of the sky would be a feature. ;) (Yeh yeh, I know - BFC claims, for legal purposes no doubt - that they are learning absolutely nothing from all these other releases!)

For actual para drops in-game I suppose on setup you'd draw an 'overflight' line using something like a LOS tool. The planes would dutifully fly that trajectory, paratroopers would be dispersed along that path with prevailing winds taken into consideration. Too close to enemy AA you could lose troops during descent, or even entire planeloads all together!

Considering the logistics off assembling the men afterward and getting them to the action simple CM1-style 30 turn scenarios might be too short for a para drop scenario.