20 New PBEM Scen at CMMODS Now

Thanks, Mark. I've dl all of the QBC. One question Mark, can I use the maps for scenarios? I see a couple large maps for ambush convoys :D

It's also refreshing to see a thread where the topic hasn't been taken over by people. Can't everybody just get along :D

Ok, thanks Mishga and thewood. Will start making a scenario using your maps Mishga and will give credit to you, when I write up the scenario briefing.

The reason I'm asking about using other peoples maps, is that I'm lousy in making one, but when I look at a map I get these ideas bouncing around in my head for scenarios :D

Hi, Mark--

I'm new to CM:SF but have played a lot of CMBB and CMAK, and I have to confess that I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong with PBEM here.

I've downloaded, unzipped and saved the scenarios to the CM:SF "Scenario" file and I can see them from the game itself. So far, so good!

Then, when I try to create a PBEM game (click on scenario, select Blue Force, etc.), provide a password at the prompt and click to save the game, I'm immediately returned to the main menu screen. I don't enter the scenario at all and when I check the "saved games" section, nothing is there...?

This also happens when I try every scenario that came with CM:SF as well as all of the QB's (I know that not all of the QB permutations are populated, but I pretty much went through them all one evening and could not get a single PBEM game to load.

Perhaps this question belongs in the tech forum area, but I thought you might be able to explain to me what I'm doing wrong (something obvious, I'm sure!) given your efforts in developing these PBEM scenarios.

Thanks!

Sabot6

Originally posted by Sabot6:

Hi, Mark--

I'm new to CM:SF but have played a lot of CMBB and CMAK, and I have to confess that I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong with PBEM here.

I've downloaded, unzipped and saved the scenarios to the CM:SF "Scenario" file and I can see them from the game itself. So far, so good!

Then, when I try to create a PBEM game (click on scenario, select Blue Force, etc.), provide a password at the prompt and click to save the game, I'm immediately returned to the main menu screen. I don't enter the scenario at all and when I check the "saved games" section, nothing is there...?

This also happens when I try every scenario that came with CM:SF as well as all of the QB's (I know that not all of the QB permutations are populated, but I pretty much went through them all one evening and could not get a single PBEM game to load.

Perhaps this question belongs in the tech forum area, but I thought you might be able to explain to me what I'm doing wrong (something obvious, I'm sure!) given your efforts in developing these PBEM scenarios.

Thanks!

Sabot6

If you look in the outgoing mail folder, you should find the file you have to send to your opponent.

Good luck!

Originally posted by JohnO:

Ok, thanks Mishga and thewood. Will start making a scenario using your maps Mishga and will give credit to you, when I write up the scenario briefing.

The reason I'm asking about using other peoples maps, is that I'm lousy in making one, but when I look at a map I get these ideas bouncing around in my head for scenarios :D

Thanks, much appreciated smile.gif

Hi, Stikkypixie & Mark--

Thanks for the fast reply, and indeed all of my PBEM files were there in the "outgoing mail" folder; and you were right, there were a ton of them.... :^) Thanks!

Unfortunately, my stupidity doesn't stop there. I tried to play "PBEM" with myself to test that I know what I'm doing, and I clearly don't. I save the emailed files in the "Saved Games" section and can see them through the main menu, but when I click on them to actually play the scenario I get prompted to enter another password and save, but I can never seem to get into the scenario itself...! I've done several iterations on this, but no luck.

I've checked the manual again and can't find the directions to do this properly (please feel free to tell me to "RTFM", but just tell me which pages!), and I know it's pure operator error on my part.

This is embarrassing, but I really do want to play PBEM at some point! :^)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have....

Best rgds,

Sabot6

P.S.

Originally posted by Sabot6:

Hi, Stikkypixie & Mark--

Thanks for the fast reply, and indeed all of my PBEM files were there in the "outgoing mail" folder; and you were right, there were a ton of them.... :^) Thanks!

Unfortunately, my stupidity doesn't stop there. I tried to play "PBEM" with myself to test that I know what I'm doing, and I clearly don't. I save the emailed files in the "Saved Games" section and can see them through the main menu, but when I click on them to actually play the scenario I get prompted to enter another password and save, but I can never seem to get into the scenario itself...! I've done several iterations on this, but no luck.

I've checked the manual again and can't find the directions to do this properly (please feel free to tell me to "RTFM", but just tell me which pages!), and I know it's pure operator error on my part.

This is embarrassing, but I really do want to play PBEM at some point! :^)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have....

Best rgds,

Sabot6

P.S.

Yeah it's a bit confusing. I think the first two turns are just filling in the passwords, after that the action starts. You have to put the incoming PBEM turns in the "incoming mail" folder. You load them via the saved game menu; play them; and then send the outgoing which is in the "outgoing mail" folder to your opponent, which in this case is you smile.gif . So you just put them back in to the "incoming mail" folder etc...