Is a updated Demo coming

I'm pretty sure the announcement that a 1.04 demo is coming "later this week" is out of date--since it is on the page announcing the 1.04 patch.

When it came out, BF did say a 1.04 demo was coming "in the next few days" Thread -- But that was October 1st....

Since then, Rune, at least, has said that it is unlikely there will be a 1.04 demo, that the demo will probably wait until 1.05. Thread. That was 10/9.

--Philistine

• 2 months later...

Been waiting months now for the demo of 1.5 which has said it will be out this week for the complete time.

I sure wish I could find a job where I could get away with statements like that and not get in trouble or fired because of it.

Maybe it is because you do not feel there is enough future customers to bother with doing a update on the Demo.

Originally posted by slysniper:

Been waiting months now for the demo of 1.5 which has said it will be out this week for the complete time.

I sure wish I could find a job where I could get away with statements like that and not get in trouble or fired because of it.

Maybe it is because you do not feel there is enough future customers to bother with doing a update on the Demo.

See This Thread, where BFC states (on 1/3) that the plan is to do a 1.06 demo, rather than 1.05.

That being said--I agree they should have taken down the statement on the site about the 1.05 demo.

I'm also waiting on the demo to see if I'll buy the game and am similarly disappointed by the delay--but on the other hand, at this point, the demo really should portray the game in the best light possible, and having an obvious bug like the low-wall one that crept into 1.05 probably isn't the best idea.

My $.02.

--Philistine