The Demo Scenarios

If I may make a suggestion....

Please go back and play all the CMBO demo scenarios and take a look at what was FUN about them and WHY they had such a huge WOW factor associated with them.

heck, maybe even propose a Demo scenario design competition?

Chance Encounter was ONE HELLUVA good scenario

Look at its replayability!

it was duplicated and re-edited for CMBB and CMAK and Everyone played in EVERY variation of the CMx1 (CMBO CMBB CMAK) game engine!

Chance Encouter was HUGE

Please please give us something like the Fun and WOW of Chance Encounter as a Demo scenario. smile.gif

We don't need a whole lot of new or fancy units

(just a few) we don't need a huge scenario just a few tanks and a few grunts and a handful of infantry based anti-tank weapons in a suitable environment where the infantry can launch the weapon, (what ever it is) and SMOKE the big ugly tank and reduce it to a pile of firey wreckage.... :D

Please please give us a few demo scenarios that we can show to the NON- BFC faithful and use it to BLOW them away.

Just a few free demo scenarios that say : "HEY! check me out! :D I'm the new kid on the block (sorry smile.gif ) and you should take a good look at me because I am UNLIKE any computer war game you have ever seen!" (A few interesting "in game" surprises that the player TOTALLY would not expect sprinkled in here and there sure wouldn't hurt either :D )

please....

smile.gif

-tom w

[ August 28, 2005, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

How about 2 new scenarios wildly different from each other to illustrate as many aspects of CMx2 as possible, AND a CMx2 version of Chance Encounter? That would be quite a hook for oldtimers like myself who still play all 3 CM games, and -- given CE's track record -- a guaranteed success for newbies checking out CM for the first time. Makes sense?

Since I bet my ass that the first game will be a WWII US vs German type of game, I demand a conversion of the original Chance Encounter scenario.

Except 'they' fear that everyone will say 'well, the original games was better' ;) .

I know I'm gonna regret this semi-random and currently pointless comment, but the "bridge" comment made me think....

the last scene of SPR would make a great demo scenario.

//crouches low and runs//

edit: ya know, assuming I'm even in the right war, and theatre ;)

//continues crouching and running//