Super cobras in Iraq

This is a video from a site that i have refered you all to and you did'nt care!

It's a 13 minute video that shows super cobras during the war (2003) and a bit after it i think.

It really worth to take a look, it also has a nice soundtrack.

Could we expect that kind of an air support? smile.gif

Super Cobras in Iraq video

Oren_m

[ March 05, 2006, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: oren_m ]

oren_m,

I watched parts of it, but the load time was ridiculous that day, greatly reducing my viewing enthusiasm. At the very least, the effects of airpower will be modeled in CM:SF, but I wouldn't hold my breath regarding explicit depiction with flying models. Besides, the trend has been away from using helos in MOUT. As someone else noted before, putting the helo in firing position for one target often means putting it squarely over another built up area. That Apache raid didn't go well, either!

Regards,

John Kettler

Me. I'm an optimist. I'm betting we see flying models in the game - admittedly my opinion is based on not much info at all.

People crabbed unceasingly about that generic aircraft shadow in CMx1 (though i thought it was kinda cool). With much reduced 'overfly' during close air support nowadays simply seeing a distant shadows and missile smoke trails isn't going to cut it this time. Our one hope for CMSF is what we can see being done on Drop Team currently. They've definitely got a big flying/hovering 'something' in the game. So they're at least getting practice at working out the mechanics of doing flying/hovering stuff.