Lethal Anti-Armor Weapons

It appears that the modern AT weapons of Shock Force are so lethal that many tanks and vehicles will have very short lives unless extreme caution is used.Very short lives even if extreme caution is used.In CMBO, CMBB,and CMAK you could casually stroll your uber armor along with moderate worries.That does not seem to be the case now.

Originally posted by legend42:

It appears that the modern AT weapons of Shock Force are so lethal that many tanks and vehicles will have very short lives unless extreme caution is used.Very short lives even if extreme caution is used.In CMBO, CMBB,and CMAK you could casually stroll your uber armor along with moderate worries.That does not seem to be the case now.

IMO, the only things that have really changed are that there no longer are uber tanks (has the best syrian AT weapons should be quite efficient even against the best US tanks) and that infantry long range AT weapons are now more mobile (ATGM vs ATG) - but the situation remains very similar for "normal" armor. Which isn't surprising, as the Abrams is an MBT, with an "M" for "main", and not the 200 tons monster that would be the modern equivalent of a WW2 king tiger...

If you were used to playing with KV-1 in 1941, tigers in 1942-1943, king tigers, etc... CMSF tanks will most certainly seem fragile, but if you were used to playing with "normal" tanks, Abrams will probably seem particularily strong - after all, they can survive several frontal hits from most syrians AT weapons while, for instance, in 44-45, a sherman (or a T-34) could be killed frontally by almost any german AT weapon it was likely to encounter...

So, yes, we will probably have to handle our armor with a lot of caution, but no, it's not something new !

I think it's all going to be about situational awareness. I wouldn't move my armour out of defilade until I was reasonably sure what I was getting into. Thankfully, I always played Allies in CM so I'm used to not leaning on armour too much.

As a related sidebar, did you ever get that feeling when you were playing CM1 that you just knew more of what was going on than your opponent? Or, if things were going to go wrong, that you knew less and it was time to fall into safe areas and start to make contingencies, or maybe do something un-expected?

I'm hoping that kind of feel for the battle carries over to the new game because it's something that I've only ever felt in CM and something I imagined a real commander might feel.

Anyone else get this?