Questions about the game Id like to ask...

pcpilot

Hi all, Ive been playing the demo v1.2 and have been having quite a bit of fun with it. Im looking to get this game as soon as I can eek out some moolah. Ive got a few questions though.

The first...does the Paradox boxed retail version of the game cost any less?

2.) Is its manual the same as the one that comes with the BF version of the game bought online?

3.) Any word on when the Paradox retail version will be out in stores? Ive been looking but nothing yet.

4.) These addons Ive been hearing about that BF is eventually coming out with like the Marines addon, what will they cost? What other addons might come out eventually?

5.) Any interesting mods come out yet from the community like new skins, etc.?

Thanks for your time guys. Hope someone from BF can answer these questions as thats from the horses mouth so to speak and not just conjecture.

Originally posted by pcpilot:

Hi all, Ive been playing the demo v1.2 and have been having quite a bit of fun with it. Im looking to get this game as soon as I can eek out some moolah. Ive got a few questions though.

The first...does the Paradox boxed retail version of the game cost any less?

2.) Is its manual the same as the one that comes with the BF version of the game bought online?

3.) Any word on when the Paradox retail version will be out in stores? Ive been looking but nothing yet.

4.) These addons Ive been hearing about that BF is eventually coming out with like the Marines addon, what will they cost? What other addons might come out eventually?

5.) Any interesting mods come out yet from the community like new skins, etc.?

Thanks for your time guys. Hope someone from BF can answer these questions as thats from the horses mouth so to speak and not just conjecture.

I'm not from Battlefront so you'll have to trust me with my answers, all of which,however, are as I remember them coming from a Battlefront source.

1, Yes.

2, No the manual you get when you order directly from Battlefront is bigger.

3, I Don't know.

4, After the USMC, were likely to see the British Army. After that possibly a NATO module with the Germans, Canadians and possibly the Dutch. They haven't decided on the cost of the modules yet but it will be less than the stand alone initial game.

5, No Skin Mods yet from any one. There are some new scenarios available at CMMODS and any new skin mods will be appearing there when available. Modders are waiting on some tools from Battlefront.

Sequoia, Thank you for your answers. I had done several searches and didnt find much in the way of answers so decided to try the direct approach and ask. You helped clear a few things up. I think when I come up with the cash, Im going to buy from Battefront; I like the idea of a full manual. I hope the addons arent too expensive.

I'd love to see more soviet equipment from the coldwar and beyond. It would also be interesting to see a Vietnam addon come out with period equipment and terrain. I think this game engine would do nicely in that respect. Mainly squad and platoon actions, bombings, mortar attacks. Im curious though about how air strikes are modeled in this game; abstact like CMBB or something a bit more detailed? I did notice the spotter functions in the demo, unfortunately usable only with a mortat strike.

Originally posted by Sequoia:

After the USMC, were likely to see the British Army. After that possibly a NATO module with the Germans, Canadians and possibly the Dutch.

I just hope we get to see them, although that will presumably depend on sales of the first. I'm as keen to see WW2 as the next guy, but it would be a shame not to see the full potential of CM2 for modern settings realised before its back to Shermans and Tigers.

Originally posted by Hertston:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sequoia:

After the USMC, were likely to see the British Army. After that possibly a NATO module with the Germans, Canadians and possibly the Dutch.

I just hope we get to see them, although that will presumably depend on sales of the first. I'm as keen to see WW2 as the next guy, but it would be a shame not to see the full potential of CM2 for modern settings realised before its back to Shermans and Tigers. </font>

I would rather see a whole module of new terrain features than a whole module of yet more western units, but maybe thats just me.
For the most part I think it may be just you.

But I think the names of the Modules may be misleading people a little. From what I have read (and as always, may be misinterpreting BFC) there will be a variety of things in the module. Units, terrain, weather, who knows what else. The "units" however are probably the most important part, and also the best name.

That said I am sure there are hundreds of eager marketing gurus just salivating over the though of selling a product with an awesome name like "deciduous trees module".