CMx2 and Hypothetical Battles

c3k

Gents,

This is meant as a general idea regarding the range of combat that BF.C has announced for the CMx2 engine.

How will hypothetical battles be simulated?

No weapon has EVER been as effective as its designers intended. How will untested weapons be coded? Some sort of shortfall will have to be included, but how will that be decided?

We can get bogged down in specific examples of "what if?", but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to get across.

I'm sure it's too soon for this to be addressed, but I hope BF.C has some ideas in this area.

Thanks,

Ken (Can phased plasma rifles REALLY cut through Space Lobster mucus?)

Gents,

Aside from such things as assless chaps, there are other considerations in play.

For example, do I know what my forces' weaknesses are before battle? I THINK they're invulnerable to Space Lobster Spit, but what if they're not? Do I get to find out prior to first combat, or after?

Or, Fulda Gap: do M60A5 tanks _really_ have the book penetration?

Does de-Gaussing work as effectively as was thought?

Etc.

Thank you for your thoughtful additions to this thread. Now, carry on with your assless chaps.

Regards,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Gents,

Aside from such things as assless chaps, there are other considerations in play.

*** SNIP BY ZNARF ***

Or, Fulda Gap: do M60A5 tanks _really_ have the book penetration?

Does de-Gaussing work as effectively as was thought?

Etc.

Thank you for your thoughtful additions to this thread. Now, carry on with your assless chaps.

Regards,

Ken

Hey, I am serious. I've always wondered of the true penetrating power of the MkII ModIV Hand Crossbow, as see here:

max.jpg