Module ideas

M1A1TC

Here are a couple of module ideas I have

1. CM:Future Warrior

Includes:

Battalion Predator and Global Hawk UAVs support (can be called to either recon or attack an area)

Company Raven UAV support

Company SWORDS support

Other gadgets

2. CM:Engineers

Includes:

Mine rollers and plows for Abrams and Strykers.

MICLICs

Barbed/Concertina wires

Ability to breach minefields

Claymores for infantry

Smoke artillery rounds

I'd like a theatre module rather than a units module.

How about "CM:SF Enduring Freedom - Counter-Insurgency Operations in Afghanistan".

Features included in such a module:

1. Taliban Uncon TOE for Red Force;

2. Afghan Army TOE for Blue Force;

3. Unique buildings (dried mud compounds, special tiles for fort walls and towers);

4. Unique terrain (poppy fields; cave entrances);

5. Special rules for moving in tunnels between cave entrances, similar to CMx1 sewer movement;

6. Uncons don't get VIEDs but instead get MPIEDs (man-portable IEDs - a.k.a suicide bombers wearing bomb vests).

Once upon a time in 2006 Steve posted:

Please remember that after so much time he has a right to retract some things.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

flamingknives,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Pity, but you can't have everything.

Tell me about it :( One thing to keep in mind is that we WANT to include everything and the kitchen sink. We tried very hard to do that with CMx1 and even then we didn't get everything in. Unfortunately, that amount of effort was unsustainable and so we all have to adjust our expecations for what is possible.

Does this mean that ARRVs are out too? I suppose so, since they would require vehicle recovery.
Currently there are no plans for ARRVs because there are no plans for recovery. This is one of those things that not only requires yet another set of unique models and animations, but not insignificant amounts of AI work. People take driving and the phyisics of motion for granted. It's really tough stuff to code. Plus, something has to determine that recovery should happen, how to go about it, with whom, and under what circumstances. There are soldiers out there that go through months, even years, of training to make these sorts of calls. Really tough to jam that into a few bits of code.

Then there are things like 'dozer blades on tank - are these gone too? Vehicular minefield clearance? I recall seeing something on MICLIC being in though.
MCLIC (mine clearing for you non-technical people) is on our feature list still. It's within the scope of CM and within the realm of "doability" for CM:SF. Hopefully for the initial release. Dozer and mine rollers for tanks will likely be in a follow up Module. We want them in, they are "doable", but with the amount we have on our plates left to do it's probably not going to be in the initial release.

Steve </font>