Happy Mother's Day Mishga...

I got my internet name from Meach. He called me that. I was later told that it was roughly translated as "Pretty"

The west coast of Scotland is truly stunning in it's natural beauty. The weather is a bit unpredictable but that is what a warm fire and a glass of whisky was invented for when the heavens opened. smile.gif

Originally posted by Mishga:

You will love it. Some of the views are breath-taking and the people are generally friendly and welcoming.

There's a stereotype of Scots being all rude and unfriendly. I don't know why, I've visited twice, loved it, and found the people to be among the nicest I've met. I hope to go there again soon, and have an excuse, as one of my best friends lives there now.

-FMB

I suppose you get that everywhere really. Some nice, some bad. Scots are very solid and reliable people usually.

Make friends with a Scot and time and tide will not matter, they will always be a friend. Most of the time quite literally give you the coat off there back if need be.

My experiences with the Scots have been great.

A while back I was at a conference between the USAF and the RAF. One night after a day of being bored out of our minds we all went out drinking. One of the RAF officers was a Scot and we spent the whole night buying each other round after round and just talking about all sorts of things. It was one of the best conversations I had ever had.

Then there's my wife. She is of Scottish ancestry and very proud of it. And I know it's a stereotype and all but damn can that woman drink! My Norse ancestry just can't keep up with it. :D

I'm doing my best to get stationed in the UK next and hope to be able to see Scotland first hand.