Not the Same Ol' Same Ol' Rig question

Ok, so I think we've seen enough of this question from the new board members, but as a long-term member, let me skew that same old "What specs do I need question" on its head.

If I had unlimited time and money, what is the best technology specifically for CMSF? We all know different video cards are optimized for different Direct-X technologies, and it sounds like having too new of a PC (read multiple cores or Vista) also gets in the way. It is sounding like there is an optimum mixture of the old and new -- what is it? Before we were hearing bad things about ATI, now all I see are bad things about NVIDIA (cringe). What's the deal with that?

So, basically, out of all of the testers, who was most able to turn their rig up all the way with the bells and whistles, and what were their specs?

And no, I've been here about 8 years, I'm not going to do a search, I earned it :D