The Second Game

Are we goin to be getting info about the 2nd CMx2 game along with the first in a few weeks? It has been stated when everything was first annouced that we would, but I hadn't heard more about it since.

Moving along, it is my big fat opionion that the 2nd game will be the modern urban warfare game that I had orginally though would be first. My guess is game 1 will be ww2, probably western front. The reasons for this are what steve has said is going to be included in the second game. These include:

1) More detailed urban environments

What do you think would require this: a black-hawk down sim or overload to cobra?

2) Noncombatants

Who do you think cares more about non-combats

Germany company commander outside of Bastonge

American company commander in Baghdad

Just some thoughts, I'm guessing CMx2a is ww2, because it makes sense. But while my dream game would be a modern urban warfare tactical sim, I'm willing to wait for the right features to be in it.

I suppose the underlying topic of this thread *really* is in which direction we'd like to see them push the game engine.

If the first game is going to be company-scale warfighting in a WWII environment, will the next be company-scale warfighting in a non-historical (Space lobsters) environment? Or will they contract down to 1:1 controllable platoon-size warfighting? Or up to Brigade-size formation fighting in pre-industrial times (Greek Phalanx fomations for instance)? Or Stick with company-scale historical fighting but radically change the theater (Vietnam 1960s for instance)? Will they abandon armor? Will they perfect horse animations? Formation marching? Open water warfighting? Archers? Wire-guided missiles?

Moon has said the new engine is radically different than CM1. It might even be radically different than this board's fantasys about it. So which direction would you like to see - or NOT like to see - it take?

Here's how it's gonna play out:

1. Korea. Why? Because BFC already has researched more than half the units that were in that conflict when they made the original CM games. Also, it give's them a first "shakedown" game to work out all the kinks before going to our beloved WWII setting.

2. WWII. Probabbly western front. They might start with a Normandy game and build on it from there with the expansion kits.

3. WWII again. This time a diffrent front. I prefer ostfront over all others, but many people don't, so who knows what front it will be.

4 & 5. Something else that tickels BFC's fancy that is not WWII. I'm sure those guys would like to do other wargames than WWII. Maybe modern conflicts; who knows?

6. If the engine is still around by then? Maybe back to WWII, maybe something really off the wall.

That's my guess, but what the hell do I know? crazy.gif