Editor request: Ctrl+Right-Click

For the scenario editor, I would like to see the following method of editing walls/rooftops implemented in a future patch.

Ctrl+Left-Click on wall/roof: next configuration.

Ctrl+Right-Click on wall/roof: previous configuration.

Such a simple addition may not sound much but it would make map-making so much easier IMHO, as at the moment it is easy to miss the configuration you want, forcing you to cycle through the whole list again. I personally must have done this hundreds of times.

-

One more vote here!

Very good idea. Shouldn't be difficult to implement.

I have to say though that I have a tendency of thinking that a lot of things are easy to implement. I guess when you're not coding, EVERYTHING is easy! :D

--

[ December 26, 2007, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

Guys,

Thanks for your support for the suggestion.

I did a lot of programming in a previous job and am also doing a web coding course so I know a little bit about how hard things are to program. On a scale of 1 being easiest and 10 being hardest this must be something like a 2.

Having said that, it may never happen simply because of all the other "2"s that have higher priority. :(

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

When you have only one programmer, everything takes a long time or might not be done at all

Nah! One programmer? Do you buy that? At least 3. Maybe 4.

I shouldn’t be telling you this. Is sort of inside info. But we are all friends here so what the hell.

I have a friend whose girlfriends’ brother overheard a conversation between two old ladies in a supermarket. Apparently one of the old ladies is the mother in law of a beta tester. From that and from his talent to read between the lines ( he says you have to spread the lines wide apart to get the juicy stuff ) he came up with the following theory:

BF is not a team of 3. No one believes that anyway. They are eleven guys from Ireland. They met in high school when they were playing in the same football (soccer?) team. He says Steve was the goalkeeper. They had this idea of becoming professional football players but, since that didn’t work out due to a knee injury of the only one of them that really knew how to play, they had to think of something else. Anyhow they ended up lauching BF no one really knows exactly why. Being an internet based business they decided they could move to a country south of the Equator where the weather was better and the beaches nicer. Problem was the place was so nice in fact that no one wanted to put in too many hours of work a week. So they come up with this idea of the 3 guys team. Nobody would complain they were not working hard enough this way.

My friend says Steve is not really a person. “Steve” is the name they use to communicate with the public. They have all this rules and templates so as to have the texts looking like if they were from the same person. They are obviously not! Who they think they are fooling ?! If you watch carefully you will notice some expressions and some uses of words, and some changes in mood… Have you noticed he usually writes his posts in the evening. Come on the same guy doing overtime every day! No way. They take turns every month one of the eleven is responsible for this.

I know what you are thinking! What about the 2 weeks when “Steve” disappeared. Well, they were participating in the football finals of an amateur championship. By the way they lost on the semi finals, at 44 minutes of the second half to a team far inferior to theirs. The referee gave a penalty that everyone agrees was a mere foul. But I digress, sorry.

Anyhow, it seems everyone has got a theory and my friends as good as anybodys.

[ December 26, 2007, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

LongLeftFlank,

It's true my Christmas party was great! smile.gif

Overtime I have read so many weird theories and speculations in this forum that by comparison my little joke is not so far fetched.

Besides you can't imagine the stuff that comes up at brainstorming sessions in advertising agencies! :D:D

--

[ December 26, 2007, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]