Problems w/ Internet/LAN games

I tried to play a small scenario on the internet/LAN connection between my desktop and laptop. It was a 30 minute ambush type small game. By the time the desktop reached 12 minutes left, the laptop was at 20 minutes left and I was watching approaching Humvees on the laptop with troops that had already been killed by the Humvees on the Desktop. Commands to the laptop didn't get fulfilled because of the time gap.

Anyone else have this problem and are there any solutions?

I tried the tech board but nobody answered my post

Tom Konczal

This is pretty serious if it's a bug. I'm assuming both computers were running the same version? Have you updated them both to 1.07?

I've played a bunch of internet games but obviously wasn't paying attention to the timer on my opponent's computer.

Tom,

If you can provide:

- Version number of both copies (ideally they should both be 1.07).

- Whether you were playing a game saved in an earlier version, or if it was a “fresh start”.

- Detailed Operating System of both machines (e.g. XP Pro SP2 instead of just “XP”).

- Whether there are any switches, routers or firewalls between the two machines

I’ll forward it to someone who maybe able to help.

But I need the details. smile.gif

Hi All,

The above does not surprise me. I have tried to play many online games. Regrettably the games either crash or suffer from serious lag.

The absence of a save feature for online play is a serious drawback as a save game is not possible.

The only way I have had some success with online games is to play using hamachi to connect. And that has been "spotty".

Considering that there have been 7 patches I hope that cleaning up the multi-player connection problems will be part of the focus of the next patch.

Regards John

The game has actually run fine (ie no lag) for me playing TCP/IP playing against someone in California (I live in Louisiana). We are both on crappy wireless connections, so the fact that it ran smoothly over 7 or 8 games was a pretty big surprise.

The problem is that there are obviously some sync issues or something, as I have had games where mounted troops dismount at the beginning of the game and are unusable for the rest of the battle.

I've been enjoying offline games immensely so it hasn't been a huge priority for me to see it fixed. However, it is a little disturbing that the only response I've seen from Battlefront about this was to "send a saved game if I see it again" when I was clearly talking about TCP/IP play (it was the title of the thread).