Bug: Vehicles dropping orders near immediately.

Hi,

The Passage at Wilcox scenario, US player from the very start.

I find that when I use the Hunt command for Bradleys and M1s they sometimes/often cancel or drop the order almost immediately. They travel a very short distance, or do not move at all, then for no apparent reason, they are not engaging a target or nay such thing, they stop and the order is cancelled.

Great game even if there are a few bugs,

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Hi,

The Passage at Wilcox scenario, US player from the very start.

I find that when I use the Hunt command for Bradleys and M1s they sometimes/often cancel or drop the order almost immediately. They travel a very short distance, or do not move at all, then for no apparent reason, they are not engaging a target or nay such thing, they stop and the order is cancelled.

Great game even if there are a few bugs,

All the best,

Kip.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the "hunt" command will be removed if the unit you are trying to give the order to has any enemy spotted...IOW, you give the hunt command to a unit, the program goes into a "HaltOnEnemySpotted" routine, sees the unit already has a unit in it's FOV, and stops the hunt command.

That make any sens at all?

If this IS true, then the "hunt" command should be blacked-out for units with enemy in their FOV.

Hi,

Thanks fro you input…

Now I have gone off and read the manual…always a good idea but something I tend to skip ;) …. in CMSF you have to use Hunt combined with a Target Arc. If you do that the Hunting unit will ignore all spotted units outside the arc. i.e. not stop for a far off/distant spotted unit.

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

I believe that it gets cancelled for probable enemy as well. I have had several units stop when the only thing visible are red diamonds with question marks in them.

I am not a big fan of the current version of the Hunt command.

I've noticed this too and I feel the same way.

Without wanted to sound nostalgic (I do like the new game thus far), the old Hunt command worked better. This new command is particularly frustrating using WEGO as, if your unit spots another but then loses LOS(or engages and destroys it), it will just stop and sit there until the end of the turn. In the previous game, after resolving an engagement or losing LOS, the unit would continue on the ordered "Hunting" route.