Hunt command doesnt continue after contact

Title pretty much says it all. The Hunt command acts more like the CMx1 move to contact command. Once contact is made my tanks stop engage and after the armor threat is gone they dont continue with the hunt waypoint (it disappears actually).

I'm hoping its a bug. It is, right?

Originally posted by rune:

No the command was changed to that behavior.

Rune

Booooo. Another change to tried and true, not to mention expected, behaviors. :confused:

What new method is there that provides the equivalent functionality?

Some hints:

If you tell me I need to issue another hunt order, I will complain that if the contact is made ten seconds into the turn and the enemy is dead ten seconds later, I just lost forty seconds to a bad design decision.

If you tell me there is some other, new command, you better tell me what I gain to compensate for the change that causes me frustration as a longtime happy user.

It's not as big a deal as you might think.

Tanks and most other fighting vehicles can fire on the move now, so if you want the old 'hunt' function back just use move or slow and that tank of yours will advance, slaying all it finds on it's way.

Anyone wishing to old skool 'hunt' with a Stryker needs to be kicked squarely in the pants. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Anyone wishing to old skool 'hunt' with a Stryker needs to be kicked squarely in the pants. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree completely! But I hope that doesn't mean that we will never see tanks again. :( So, I am just thinking, when tanks come back, will they be so happy about changing that? Also, as I said, if the spotted target is taken out, I would want it to continue the hunt.

Redwolf, I get that feeling about a couple features left out. This one in particular brings me back the long threads about and the final discussions aboutit.

Hunt, Hull Down, Shoot and Scoot, etc, all were time saving commands that allowed us to not micromanage the game. I get a feeling that some design decisions were made based on an assumption that RT, down on the ground, was going to be the dominant mode. I really don't think that will be the case.

Good point. Considering there's been mention in here of beta testers largely preferring to play in RT, maybe that's a factor in WEGO getting such a raw deal. Most of the issues mentioned (along with things like fully editable waypoints) are close to essential for WEGO, but much less of a priority when you can change orders on the fly.

Interesting about the beta testers' preferences. Maybe that explains why they felt in unnecessary to provide a way for a vehicle to move to a location and dismount the troops in a single turn. Not necessary to have a move & dismount command when playing RT, unless, of course you care about the fact that micromanaging being required at that level just makes it even more unplayable in RT.

Originally posted by Tinjaw:

Maybe that explains why they felt in unnecessary to provide a way for a vehicle to move to a location and dismount the troops in a single turn.

You can do this, just give the vehicle and the troops a move command. They wont get out untill the vehicle gets to its final waypoint. The bad part is you cant have your vehicle dismount and then move, not even with a pause command.

Originally posted by SmithyG:

You can do this, just give the vehicle and the troops a move command. They wont get out untill the vehicle gets to its final waypoint.

Thanks Smithy, I hadn't even thought of trying that because I don't really want the dismounts to "move". I just want them to take up the standard battle positions around the vehicle. But I guess I could give them a move order to the same spot. I'll give that a try.

um.. I might suggest might also be now known as "Move to Contact" or "Hunt to Contact"

this makes sense to me:

No bug, Hunt works similar to Move to Hunt, that's intended. You can set a Target Arc, too, if you want to have the guys stop only when enemy appears within a certain area, for example.

Martin