How do I make integrated AARs with GraphicConverter

Tried asking this question in the PhotoDeluxe thread, but no reply in many days, so am trying here.

Holien wants an AAR for RoW IV in which the graphic or graphics are integrated with the AAR text. That integrated item is then attached to a specified format E-mail message to him. I tried sending the message, with the AAR and the annotated JPEG as separate attachments, but that didn't fly with Holien. He wants one attachment, with everything in it. How do I do this using GraphicConverter for the image and RTF as the AAR format, please? Am on a Mac under OS 9.2.

Regards,

John Kettler

I now have the full version of GraphicConverter, which I'm using in conjunction with Claris Works. When I open the AAR text (which is in RTF) after setting the insert point and hit insert, the JPEG picture loads promptly and without fuss. Where things fall apart, though, is when I try to save.

If I simply save it as RTF, I get a separate, bomb producing file on the desktop, and the image isn't saved with the AAR either. I know this for a fact, since my third attempt with Holien yielded yet another AAR with no picture. Have the E-mail to prove it!

What, praytell, is the proper procedure to save a JPEG image into a claris Works RTF file? Should I save the image as HTML. Am both confused and under the gun!

Regards,

John Kettler

Try increasing the applications memory

Find the original application program for Claris, making sure it's closed, and do an apple+i on it

Where 'Show: General Information' is click on it to bring up 'Memory'

Double the 'Preferred Size' allocation and then close

Open the app and make your AAR with text & pics* save as 'bblahblah.rtf' and then test by reopening before sending

Hope that works for you

*Make sure the jpgs aren't excessively large 50-80k or whatever size was requested. Most probably your screenshots will need resizing in GC and attention paid to quality of compression to achieve a compromise between minimum file size/max quality.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

I now have the full version of GraphicConverter, which I'm using in conjunction with Claris Works. When I open the AAR text (which is in RTF) after setting the insert point and hit insert, the JPEG picture loads promptly and without fuss. Where things fall apart, though, is when I try to save.

If I simply save it as RTF, I get a separate, bomb producing file on the desktop, and the image isn't saved with the AAR either. I know this for a fact, since my third attempt with Holien yielded yet another AAR with no picture. Have the E-mail to prove it!

What, praytell, is the proper procedure to save a JPEG image into a claris Works RTF file? Should I save the image as HTML. Am both confused and under the gun!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 19, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Wicky,

I did what you said to do, tried several times in fact, but I can't seem to get past the General Information wicket. Nothing called Memory comes up (only other thing was called Sharing), hence I can't adjust the memory allocation. Am most frustrated. Are you running OS 9.2?

Regards,

John Kettler

memory.gif

Now you've got me puzzled - There should be a memory option in the 'Show:' menu.

Have you quit the Claris application? Is the application on your hard drive i.e not on a network?

Using OS 9.2.2

Try looking in the Finder 'Help' menu for 'Help Center' - Click on 'Mac Help' - Using search type in 'program memory' - Follow 2nd one down 'adjusting your memory usage'