Quick Battle not working? What am I missing?

GDog

Originally posted by GDog:

Hey guys, just installed 1.03 and go to launch a quick battle, but it goes back to menu.

I enter the QB setup screen, choose the games parameters then click "OK", but it dumps me back to the main menu.

What am I missing?

Thanks

***EDIT****

See page #29 of manual for this issue....

ooops

You aren't missing anything. The game setting (attack/Probe, ect) and map type(hills, village, ect)combination just does not exist in your QB scen file. When that happens it just dumps you back. You just need to switch the terrain or other choices..Meeting engagement? and you'll get a game.

Rather than start a new thread: QB player may want to stay completely away from meeting engagement scen. Each time I tried meeting engagement/hill or meet/village blue and red set up on the same side with No actual setup zone color. With other settings (probe, attack, ect) QB seems fine.

You can make your own maps, and put them into the QB folder. (I took a peek at some of the stock QB maps and found that a few had incorrect setup zones/AI for the type of battle that they were labeled as (meeting/probe, etc.) Tweak em in the editor. I don't remember which ones they were.