Pause command and Firing

c3k

Gents,

I've been using a method Huntarr posted when I enter a building. I halt my squad by the entrance with a 15 second pause. I use "Target Light" into the building from the paused waypoint. Next is an "Assault" into the building.

From the waypoint IN the building, I will continue the assault or create a "Face" command.

My casualties are quite low. But...

The "Target Light" action goes on forever. After my men enter the building they continue to "Target Light". And continue.

How do I limit the amount of time they "Target Light"?

Thanks,

Ken

C3k from what I am hearing is that the 2nd element is firing while your 1st element is entering the building until they all reach the FACE command? If your using ASSAULT that should be the case. If you use QUICK then the entire Squad should be entering the building. Did I understand you correctly?

p.s. thanks for the acknowledgement

pics always help Marines tongue.gif

No, you do not understand correctly.

AFTER the Light Target command during the 15 delay, the two (or three) elements enter. AFTER they have entered (via "Assault") they continue to area target the building they are now in. They continue to area target (via Target Light) the entire time they are there. This is not the intent of the order.

I would have thought the "Target Light" would only last as long as the waypoint delay.

I may have a savegame.

Regards,

Ken

A FACE or ARC at the very end will stop (should unless a bug) TARGET commands. They are mutually exclusive. (can't stack) You may have seen some residue fire such as someone aiming and completing that function. The TARGET command carries over to all following waypoints until another Combat Command overrides it.

2ni5qfr.jpg

What you can do is "fast" to outside the building, "target" or "target light" with a pause of 15 seconds.

Now instead of the next command being into the building, make it a "quick" to outside the door with a "face" command so the firing will stop before your men go in.

This really needs to all be streamlined by battlefront - you need to be able to make your men do what you want.

[ April 12, 2008, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: fireship4 ]

Yes, that does seem to be better.

(I have seen my men enter, continue to area target the very building they're in, spraying fire all over. I shudder to think what would've happened had there been enemy there, or nearby, targeting them. Also, the long duration area fire depletes all the grenades. Not what I wanted...)

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by fireship4:

This really needs to all be streamlined by battlefront - you need to be able to make your men do what you want.

I am not sure this was a case of needing streamling. It was simply a matter of proper commands. c3k had a perfectly legit question of "hmmm" something is not right but it might be me, not "fundamentally flawed" CMSF (damn you BFC!!!) :D c3k, great questions by the way.

I loved that this didn't break down into another excercise of mental masturbation (although I think I may be touching myself right now). :eek: I don't want a "WIN" button I only play WEGO so I enjoy the planning and plotting elements. IMHO

1581lpu.jpg