Massive vehicle collision bug in 1.06?

While attempting to play the "Meeting at high altitude" scenario, I was astounded to see Strykers actually driving completely through other strykers.

I had forgotten that I had given a pause order to the lead stryker and ordered the one behind to 'move'to a point ahead of the lead vehicle.

This second stryker proceeded to drive right through the paused vehicle and out the other side!

I have retried this scenario but am unable to take screenshots (which work in other games but not in CMSF - all I get is a screenshot of the desktop)

I do have a couple of saved game files, if anyone is interested.

PC spec:

Intel core2 6600 CPU

Geforce 8800GTS

Driver 7.15.11.6925

2047 RAM

Vista 32bit

While vehicles have for now correct pathfindings to avoid nearby vehicles, in some situations like plotting a waypoint close to another unit or in long column of vehicles in tight streets, CMSF hasn't a "pushing" physics model like previous version, so the vehicle just go through another vehicles.

Well, the 1.07 certainly hasn't addressed this issue. If anything it is much worse!

In the same scenario I have managed to merge three strykers into one.

Still can't get a bloody screenshot saved but I have the save game files. (Files have been forwarded)

This is really an appalling bug which totally destroys any immersion in the game and, for me, casts a huge shadow over the game engine as a whole.

I'm surprised to see this level of clipping at this late stage of the games' development and equally surprised that it doesn't seem to have much 'press'

For what its worth it has been raised at the Skunkworks but the view was either:

1. Delay 1.07 interminably to fix this (whilst it maybe a vital issue to some it may also be small potatoes to others - hence the lack of press perhaps), or.

2. Advise players that this was an issue (and ask the players to avoid plotting vehicular movement that creates such a situation or “live with” the clipping for the time being) and focus on getting 1.07 out the door.