waepon statistics

Hi !

I just played the demo and I noticed that i miss the "enter" button for vehicle and unit info. (weapon fire power, armor thickness and special equipment like it was in the older CM games)

I especially miss a description of special equipment on tanks (optics, sights, radar etc..) as well as range of missiles....

can this info be found in the booklet or is it somewhere in the game?

..and another question: is the body amour of US troops modelled in some way?

Regards,

skolman

Originally posted by Truppenfuhrung:

Now you have all that information straight in the "user panel".

Stats like armor thickness is far less relevant in CM2 than CM1.

All?

I also miss the weapons stats. Maybe armor thickness is not as interesting as in CM1 but what about the main weapon? What's the difference between a 115mm and a 125mm gun. What armor penetration has a 25mm gun?

Sorry but the stats are not worse the name. I know deep inside the source code each guns stats are used but I will see it!

Even more interesting: infantry units - they are all the same for me. Many weapon icons but what does it mean?

I really really miss the old stats. Now it feels like something is missing. At least it looks a little bit sketchy!

Hi,

Now now guys….. you are letting BFC of the hook… ;) .

As of now other thing matter more, but in time we should be able to see the data used including for armour.

The tradition in modern armour is to give a figure for protection against kinetic energy rounds and on for protection against HEAT rounds. With brief explanations of the effects assumed for tandem rounds and such. Or as in Steel Beasts one of the team could write document explaining the assumptions used with some of the data.

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

I bought the game a few days ago and I found some info on the weapons in the booklet. Unfortunately just in the pdf version....

after all I still miss the "enter button" , especially for special equipment on vehicles.... not everything is shown on the interface panel and the used icons are very small....

One could summarize quite a bit, and provide a reasonable allowance for estimation error (would an Uncon necessarily even *know* the weight of the warhead on his RPG-7, or how much of what type of armor is facing him on various parts the Stryker?), if there were rough indicators of hit/kill likelihoods.

Doesn't have to be all that accurate -- in particular, untrained troops early in the conflict might plausibly over/under-estimate their own effectiveness, or that of the enemy. A scared, untrained soldier might think that -nothing- he could do would work.

Doesn't have to be precise to be useful -- just enough to suggest that a shot probably wouldn't be effective (too close to arm, too far, too good cover/concealment, too effective armor, whatever) or whether the unit would think it'd be a reasonable shot to try.

It's more important while units are either rarely or never auto-unhide, making ambushes a bit tricky, and when units will willingly obey even fairly stupid targeting orders, or continue them when they're no longer valid (ex. a dismounted squad targeting a buttoned T72 from 500m away, that just missed with their only Javelin -- continuing on to small-arms fire is largely pointless).

An extension would be the opposite -- estimation of threat level (ex. querying your M1 crew as to whether they think the RPG team spotted 500m away is a significant threat to the M1) -- which again would be an estimation.