Feedback.

Cid250

This is some more feedback found on a website of software evaluation.

This speaks a bit of the importance of graphics, and RealTime gameplay over WeGO, for the average European customer.

4mupmpx.jpg

Users give 1.3 to CMSF, and 8.1 to CMBB.

May be it's too early for the CMSF evaluation, but i have my doubts about reaching as hight as CMBB in his life time.

http://www.softonic.com/s/combat-mission

Ummm... didn't notice that... but you are right.

It's strange, because the CMBB demo was there for many years (5078 downloads), and this is one of the main pages for software demos.

May be few people vote, but the people that does it, usually say the true.

Anyway... reading several European forums, the average opinions are very close to the points exposed here.

Feel free to find other sources where the players vote for any game, and post them here. User feedback it's always good, the more the better.

Originally posted by Takinthebass:

I think 1.3 or similar it's a right evaluation. CMSF is not a finished product, so maybe can't even be evaluated.

We can talk about the real potential of the game and, of course, that note must be upraised, but not at this moment.

Nonesense,

a game HAS to be considered "finished" when it is released to the public.

CMSF was released in beta stage and so it will continue to get beta stage evaluations.

I recognize the game has improved considerably but even at 1.03 stage it's not complete as I expected in 1.00.

Maybe 1.04 will improve the game even more.... but my 2 cents this game has some structural problems:

BF stated for example that LOF problems related to structures/walls was a problem at first stage and even after 1.03 is still there....

We talk about reviews, but these are much more fair than the average player haha.

Ie. read the opinions from users here: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/combatmissionshockforce

IMO I don't think all this harassment is fair, first, is onyl a fecking game for the sake of it! and second, even with all the bugs etc. is not that a bad game. Too much zealots and haters running around, and again we should talk about espectations, this may be the font of all that hate.

IMO they aren,t differents things. It´s not possible to talk about bugs without mention espectations and vice-versa.

Probably we could talk about structural problems and espectations too, but at this full-of-bugs state it's not possible to know what's the real potential of a CMSF free of bugs.

Of course it will be a good game, that's its a good thing, but isn't a new, and isn't a excuse neither.

So, IMO, those bad reviews are valuating both the released game and the BFC policy. It's not a subjet of being a zealot or a believer, it's a subjet about being a customer buying a defective product.

Hmm, its all a bit subjective. On the one hand there are guys out there who maybe never played CMx1 but bought CMSF. Maybe they didnt like it. As has been stated it was released in Beta, which is not good. But maybe they enjoyed it anyway.

Then we get the guys that have played the originals and are disappointed with the sequel (often the case - see the Matrix).

At the end of the day its all about making a living and if BF make enough money to live out of it and make more games then everyone should be happy. I have come to realise that you cant have anything in life and nothing will ever be perfect, sad but true.......

The review probably fit the game that came out originally to be honest.

CID, I WANT BLUE BAR TOO. MAGIC. I KNOW WHAT IT LIKE BEING TALIBAN. NOT FAIR PPL DON"T THINK THEOCRACY IS VIABLE CHOICE OF GOVERNMENT OR PUBLIC STONING IS HUMANE. SAME LIK WITH BLUE BAR AND WEGO ONLY. IT MIGHT BE VERY SEVEN YEARS AGO BUT BUT BUT BUT LIKE BLUE BAR IS BETTER. LIKE THEOCRACY AND SHARIA LAW.!!!11!!!

Seriously CID, you are a muppet. You deserve all the abuse you get for your absolutely f*#%5ing stupid perspective on a range of topics from computer science to gameplay preferences.

About "expectations" as the main evaluation of a game... think about this:

-I buy a Ferrari, knowing that such a good name IS quality related and top of the branch.

And I pay the full price for this car...

(Maybe many thought this about BFC and CMF)

-Then the engine, a very powrful and technological one, starts to brake every few days. I can't drive my new Ferrari as I would have liked and deserved after the full purchase...

(bugs and graphic problems)

-Then I complain with right on my side... and people from Maranello work hard to make my Ferrari work as I desired and deserved after the purchase..

(BFC worked a lot on patches and is still doing)

-Maybe (can't be sure yet), my Ferrari will be fixed and I will enoy it at full!

(maybe next patches will straight any problem related to the game)

Final word? I payed 1 million dollars for that Ferrari... and I was able to enjoy it only after so many months.... did I pay for potential great car? Or did I pay for a Ferrari?

About games:

-A software house releases a game in beta stage...

-People understand its potential and help working out problems and refining the game...

-Finally you got a complete product, maybe not perfect but a finished one...

Conclusion? Would be OK as such IF only they didn't asked as for a full-priced game (completed).

So you can approach like this, with the potential thought, but you cannot release the game marking it as a complete game (and as much free of bugs as possible, I'm not asking for perfection here), and asking for a full price.

You release it as a Beta, you ask for a potential price, then you might ask more for those who buy the game after it has been completed.

Final word: at this stage we are still in "beta", or maybe "delta" stage. During the past 2 months buyers have done what a beta tester team would have done in less time and before the game release.

This game was released in beta stage but stated as a complete game and asked for a full price and this is not right.

I'm not a whiner or empty complainer. I tried my best to make suggestions, make bugs clear, trying to make my part for this game I payed for. I did this because of expectations... but I'm not a beta tester or game programmer professional. I like to play just for fun. And so I must admit I've played CMSF fewer than I did a month ago.

I'll look forward for next patches and if the gamewill reach its potential I'll have to thank all those who contributed on it more than I did, I recognize this.

But I won't thank BFC or better: I will thank BFC, because I recognize also their work and touch with the public here... but I won't do this "formally" because they did a terrible mistake in releasing this game too soon and in beta stage..

[ September 22, 2007, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Kieme(ITA) ]

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cid250:

Anyway... reading several European forums, the average opinions are very close to the points exposed here.

No what's exposed is your desperation to find bad news about the game you don't like. </font>

Game Rankings.com lists the CM games like this:

CMSF overall rating (Based on 18 professional game sources. Examples: PC Gamer, IGN, Worth Playing, Armchair Empire, and so on…)

67%

CMBO overall (21 reviews):

88.8%

CMBB overall (26 reviews):

86.9%

How dare they not give my CMBB at least 90%!!! :D

CMAK overall (14 reviews):

79.3%