Acquire command question

jonp

Steve has said that encumbrance is modeled in the game. So the more a soldier is carrying, the slower he should move and the faster he should tire.

But I've never seen anyone post a definitive in-game test proving this is actually the case and showing quantitatively just how much, say, a CLU plus two missiles slows down a squad.

My own play experience suggests that it's at least partially true. At the least, when I split an AT team and have it acquire a CLU and a couple of Javelins, the AT team seems to tire more quickly than an assault team carrying only A4s.

Encumbrance does seem to be modeled - I've noticed on several occasions that squads equipped with Javelins moved considerably slower and got tired a quicker.

One recent example I recall is squads carrying 3-4 Jav tubes fell back 50-60m over a 300m when moving 'quick', they were also 'tiring' where as ordinary squads do not seem to suffer fatigue from the 'quick' movement at all.

I think also the other reason you can't take everything in the vehicle is because of the available ammunition to start with. If you look at the 5.56mm and 7.62mm slots in the squad before you acquire ammunition you'll see that there is not space to acquire all of those ammunition natures stored on the vehicle. This I'm sure will reflect the number of ammunition pouches that the soldiers have on their webbing/load carrying gear/assault vests.

Encumbrance will also be a factor - do you know how much ammunition weighs? On top of the weight of your helmet, body armour and the water in your Camelbak, carrying 6 x magazines of 5.56, a belt of 200 x 5.56mm link for the SAW or 7.62mm link for the MG, a smoke grenade and a couple of hand grenades soon tires you out.

right now, if you defend and dont plan on moving your man, there is no reason to not acquire "all" that is nessesary. a "squad" doesnt need the 7.62 ammo but the total 3000k+ 5.56 ammo will come handy.

on top of that 3 jav´s + CLU, is a nice package. put em in a house and they can nearly shoot the whole scenario.

but dont think about moving them fast.

YankeeDog,

I ran such a test. I used the editor and built some roads and ran some squads. Do a search under my name and you'll find it...eventually.

The salient points were that encumbrance IS modelled. The men can carry some HEFTY loads. (The specific kg/lbs per man are in my post.) But, the game models it, to a degree. All units can sprint for short distances. After that the speed slows down and the depth of fatigue increases rapidly for heavily encumbered troops.

Regards,

Ken