Infantry Dismount Bug

Echo

I dismount 2 squads from bradley and they're stuck. Ramp door is stuck open. I can move bradleys, but not squads.

Its an agrevating game stopping bug like this that has ruined almost every battle I've tried to play with this game.

Good luck with patch 1.08, 1.09, and the inevitable 1.20, 1.21, 1.22 add nauseum. (the game is almost a year old, and still not working)

Well, yeah, but as I learned when I was complaining about TacAI, "ruining the game" for someone is largely a matter of perception. The bug's there, too, so if we can track it down, all the better.

I saw it back in 1.04. I wasn't able to get a save, or reproduce it... but I've seen it too. I know it's there.

It's rare, but it happens. And as soon as somebody can grab a save for it, BFC can start to track it down. So if it's happening a lot, Echo, a save would be great.

Cheers.

A similar thing I've noticed with 1.06: in some rare cases where you tell a technical pickup crew to bail out and then during next turn enter the vehicle, I've seen:

-one of the three crew members not getting in because the back door closed too early. This in Pickup-PK. After this Bail Out command was disabled. If you told the vehicle to move, the outside the vehicle crew member followed the vehicle on foot.

-crew member who should go to back of the car to use the recoilless rifle, goes to the seat next to driver. But he doesn't sit, but stands so that the upper half of his body shows through the roof.

I saw that first situation accidentally while playing. Then later decided to check it a few times from a saved game and this strange case didn't happen again. Also saw that SPG-9 pickup case only once.

Thanks to the Battlefront Team for another outstanding patch! Once again, I appreciate your effort in improving this fantastic sim.

I have also noticed a bug as well using the 1.06 patch and WeGo mode with a Veteran setting.

I ordered a dismounted squad that had just finished searching a building to re-board a Stryker. I also gave the Stryker a Move command with a 15 second pause. The Squad moved to the Stryker and re-boarded with the exception of one soldier who was left standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face. He looked like a kid who just missed the School Bus. The Stryker moved out leaving him behind.

I was unable to get this single soldier to re-board, or get the existing Squad on the Stryker to dismount. I could get the Stryker crew to dismount and reboard, but not the passengers. I tried various things over succesive turns, and nothing solved the problem.

Also, on another note: I have noticed during re-play of turns in WeGo mode, that soldiers will be standing there with their arms straight out. A bug seen previously. Additionally, craters do not reset during re-play.