Hide after deploying from vehicle?

Stew

Is there any way to tell your infantry to hide after they exit a vehicle (Striker, BMP, etc.)?

I'm playing WeGo at least until the patch allows us to pause at Elite level. I can order my infantry to exit their carriers and move into a building, but when I click on the last waypoint inside the building, the "hide" button is greyed out. Once they're out of the APC, i can order them to hide, but I'd like to be able to give a disembark order that ends in hide without having to wait until the next turn.

But you CAN chain a hide order to the last waypoint. You have to click the last waypoint (anywhere on the colored line) and then choose hide from the menu. Your men will hide when they reach the end of the path.

Also when dismounting, use a movement command rather than the 'dismount' from the vehicle menu, then set that waypoint to 'hide'.

I have been able to chain a hide command onto the last waypoint AFTER a unit has already dismounted. I have not, however, been able to chain it at the end of a move command (not dismount) when dismounting. When I click on the last waypoint of a move command while the unit is still mounted, the hide option is grayed out.

Hi again,

Regarding getting your infantry to re-enter their APC. I must be thicker than most. I did what I was told - plot squad move path, with cursor over the vehicle so the cursor arrow pointed down, and left click. Same result every time. The squad moves to the APC and deploys all around it. No way am I going to get that squad to enter the vehicle.

And while I am at it, in the setup phase, how do you place your squads/vehicles where you want them in the deployment area?

Help would be much appreciated. I am not a newcomer, I have been playing computer based wargames all my adult life.

regards

sunray1

:confused: :confused:

i found when you use the dismount button you can add hide; or i could, today with syrian SF in their UAZ´s.

but dismount is used nearly never. anyway, good to have it in cases where you need it.

to add to the matter about vehicles/dismounting and problems with it in WEGO...

ok, imagine, iam in the setup phase and load a squad in an UAZ(i think counts for US jeep too), now i want it to drive a rout wich will take about 30 sekonds, there i want to disembark em and do something in the same turn. doesnt work becouse the squad gets the crew of the vehicle and so i cant give em other waypoints than the vehicle. they are the vehicle at that moment. next turn i can only use "dismount" becouse again, they are crew and not passanger, another turn wasted, and next turn i can give em orders...

thats way to time intensive for an easy thing like that...

@ sunray1

normaly you place them with any movement command.

Originally posted by sunray1:

Hi again,

Regarding getting your infantry to re-enter their APC. I must be thicker than most. I did what I was told - plot squad move path, with cursor over the vehicle so the cursor arrow pointed down, and left click. Same result every time. The squad moves to the APC and deploys all around it. No way am I going to get that squad to enter the vehicle.

And while I am at it, in the setup phase, how do you place your squads/vehicles where you want them in the deployment area?

Help would be much appreciated. I am not a newcomer, I have been playing computer based wargames all my adult life.

regards

sunray1

:confused: :confused:

I dunno what's wrong but it should work by doing the steps you described.