Update on the GeForce 8800 issues

Battlefront has identified solutions to both of the problems I mentioned in my review with my GeForce 8800 video card.

The teleportation problem is a confirmed fix for 1.01 (I have personally seen it), which will be the release version available from Battlefront.

The freezes are, as I suspected, due to crappy drivers not being able to handle all those fantastic polygons, resulting in overall poor performance and eventual freezing. The models will be optimized to make the nVidia cards cry less. Stupid baby cards.

[ July 20, 2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: JaguarUSF ]

The 1.01 is the release on the 27th. 1.0 is what got pressed on the disk a week or three ago and is what SirReal is torturing us with screenshots of. I still think he should have quietly leaned on Paradox for a ripping new gaming rig in return for complete silence, dual 512mb video cards and so on, but I am a bad person after all.

If you preordered from Battlefront, yes, you will download 1.01 on the 27th (part of the reason why Battlefront wanted to hold off on the release...to get the patch out). Orders through Paradox and I imagine Gamer's Gate are 1.00, and they will download a patch day of release.

I don't know of any Vista issues because I haven't been suckered into that mess ;)