Infantry shooting, behind a slope

mav1

I'd search the forum to find the thread where this was discussed before but I'm even lazier than you are. :D

I'm pretty sure Steve mentioned in the 1:1 thread (or some other equally impressive thread) that cover will be calculated using 3D mapping so if your 'guy' is prone behind the crest of a hill the hill will provide appropriate cover.

Or I could be thinking of some other Steve and some other game...

I'd search the forum to find the thread where this was discussed before but I'm even lazier than you are. :D

I'm pretty sure Steve mentioned in the 1:1 thread (or some other equally impressive thread) that cover will be calculated using 3D mapping so if your 'guy' is prone behind the crest of a hill the hill will provide appropriate cover.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Everybody is right, for once. It was in CMx1, but not to the degree it could have been thanks to the hardware limitations of the day. The CMx2 engine simulates individual shots, individual cover, individual tragectories, and far more detailed use of cover.

Steve

That sounds like a HECK of A LOT of math calculations.

AND

we can play realtime as well..

As I post this I wondering (with GREAT anticipation) how well this game will play and how fun it will be? smile.gif

All I can say is "Wow"

-tom w

Everybody is right, for once. It was in CMx1, but not to the degree it could have been thanks to the hardware limitations of the day. The CMx2 engine simulates individual shots, individual cover, individual tragectories, and far more detailed use of cover.

Steve

AND

As I post this I wondering (with GREAT anticipation) how well this game will play and how fun it will be? smile.gif

All I can say is "Wow"

-tom w

Steve

AND

All I can say is "Wow"

-tom w

No, aka_tom_w, like in ASL, you will have to do some of the math calculation ; it includes calculating ballistic caracteristic of each bullets,solving fluid mechanics non linear differential equation, estimating when your soldier will get tired according to their physionomy, social condition ,what they ate before the battle, calculating LOS thanks to the non Euclidian Geometry ,computing the quantum states with matrixes, using string theory to blow up the enemy's AI (but prepare to be striken with the P=NP problem ;) )

and don't forget your 256 dices of different colour. Each dice have 21 and 1/5 sides !!! :D

The rest is calculated by a quad Intel Penthatlum VII with a Geforce B 9999 and 4096 Go of RAM!!!! :D

Indeed, this game to be the funniest ever. Grigori Perelman will be teh ultimate pwner, but he doesn't like to win, he prefers be out of the ladder, because it is enough everybody knows him as the ultimate pwner ;) .

[ September 01, 2006, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Darkmath ]

No, aka_tom_w, like in ASL, you will have to do some of the math calculation ; it includes calculating ballistic caracteristic of each bullets,solving fluid mechanics non linear differential equation, estimating when your soldier will get tired according to their physionomy, social condition ,what they ate before the battle, calculating LOS thanks to the non Euclidian Geometry ,computing the quantum states with matrixes, using string theory to blow up the enemy's AI (but prepare to be striken with the P=NP problem ;) )

and don't forget your 256 dices of different colour. Each dice have 21 and 1/5 sides !!! :D

The rest is calculated by a quad Intel Penthatlum VII with a Geforce B 9999 and 4096 Go of RAM!!!! :D

Indeed, this game to be the funniest ever. Grigori Perelman will be teh ultimate pwner, but he doesn't like to win, he prefers be out of the ladder, because it is enough everybody knows him as the ultimate pwner ;) .