The Peng Challenge Gets All Strategery

Lars

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Stoat, your mailbox is full, and my turn bounced. I am very disappointed in you. I will have to talk to your Liege, if we ever actually find out whom that might be....

As for the rest of you, I curse you, with all your mouthwatering delicacies, I curse you from the very pits of hell.

Rune is apparently too busy with CMSF to answer his emails. That is unseemly...

Boo Radley, I blame you.

Bah! Heap your blame upon me, you Whining Wisconsiner... ite... whatever.

I have the broad shoulders of an Ohioan and make fun of your weak, lethargic, dairy clogged antagonisms!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So there. </font>

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Stoat, your mailbox is full, and my turn bounced. I am very disappointed in you. I will have to talk to your Liege, if we ever actually find out whom that might be....

As for the rest of you, I curse you, with all your mouthwatering delicacies, I curse you from the very pits of hell.

Boo Radley, I blame you.

I have the broad shoulders of an Ohioan and make fun of your weak, lethargic, dairy clogged antagonisms!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So there. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Boo Radley, I blame you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So there. </font>

Boo Radley, I blame you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So there. </font>

Boo Radley, I blame you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So there. </font>

I'm off on a week long road trip from Miami, so if you didn't get your turn, tuff stuff. btw, neighbor had a good kegger.

If it makes you feel better, it's only 27 hours from Miami to Minneapolis.

In a Honda Civic.

You may now pity me and my 6'-2" frame.

I'm off on a week long road trip from Miami, so if you didn't get your turn, tuff stuff. btw, neighbor had a good kegger.

In a Honda Civic.

In a Honda Civic.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Trout on the grill tonight. No fruit. Smokey, delicious, flakey fish-flesh with some S&P and some olive oil to keep it moist. That's it. Sides? Whatever. grilled zuchs or grilled asparagus or grilled onions or all of them. Why not.

A good man. A just man. A great man.

A man I am proud to call my friend.

Trout on the grill tonight. No fruit. Smokey, delicious, flakey fish-flesh with some S&P and some olive oil to keep it moist. That's it. Sides? Whatever. grilled zuchs or grilled asparagus or grilled onions or all of them. Why not.

Originally posted by Lars:

I'm off on a week long road trip from Miami

Jesus to Jesus, and eight hands around, but you are dim. I personally know that you mean 'to' Miami. But I like you, Lars. On the drunkest day of the stupidest day that I ever tripped over my own fecking feet, when I hit the ground, I was still looking down at your smile.

btw, neighbor had a good kegger.

Coming from you, that's saying something. But did you give the rest of us a shout? You did not.

God killed the dinosaurs for a reason, Lars.

Jesus to Jesus, and eight hands around, but you are dim. I personally know that you mean 'to' Miami. But I like you, Lars. On the drunkest day of the stupidest day that I ever tripped over my own fecking feet, when I hit the ground, I was still looking down at your smile.

Coming from you, that's saying something. But did you give the rest of us a shout? You did not.

So, I'm sitting with me friend Small Emma the other night (before the fecking gout kicked up again), and she takes me to the window on the sun porch, and says, "Look, Grandma Steve. There's the park".

The 'park' is what she calls the next-door neighbour's fecking immense 'back-yard playground' thing, which looks like something that was either 'defended by Cavalry soldiers against the Indians' (ala 'Branded'), or a facility that is rented out by local Navy Seal units for training exercises (although how the swing fits in is anyone's guess).

You know what I'm talking about. One of those things made up of 4 by 4 beams erected into an approximation of Disneyland with flags, slides, swings, climbing areas, ladders, bridges and 'tower reconnaissance platforms'; all for the enjoyment of the children of people with huge backyards and more money than God.

She calls it 'the park'. She has been looking at it all winter, through the window. And now that it is, in fact, actually something like 'Spring' here in Minnesota (made glorious by this Small Child of York), she looks at it with spectacular longing. And she tells me, at great length and in superb detail, how we're going to "go over the fence, and we will play on the park. And you and I will go down the slide, Grandma Steve. And we will climb up the ladders, and everything!"

And I, looking at this Towering Monument to Property and Privilege (Jen & Chris's neighbours are a lawyer and his money-spending wife with luxury autos, designer sweaters and $750,000 home in a rich neighbourhood), and I tell her: Emma Sine, Small Friend, that 'park' belongs to the neighbours. We can't just hop the fence and play there.

And she tells me, 'Yes we can, Grandma Steve, because we are going to share.'

Here's a kid who has taken in the lesson of 'sharing', and she is, in her innocence, going to apply it across the boards.

And I like it. Pre-emptive sharing!

So I start making plans for 'The Sharing'. The neighbours have a Chow, so we need pepper-spray. The father is a lawyer, so I'm going to need something that can go to full-auto if he comes out and tries to tell us we can't play there. Man, I've been waiting for years to hose down a lawyer.

And then Small Emma's Mom comes to me, and tells me: "No, Grandma Steve. We are not going to to 'Mount an Operation' against the neighbours. That is not a good lesson. I don't care what you've learned from that gang of psychotics on the Peng Challenge Thread."

And she tells me, they're going to pare some expenses, and cough up some money to build a smaller, but still nice 'playground' area in their backyard.

That's nice, too. Emma and I like going outside, and playing. For reasons that I never want to explore, she's named the non-functioning solar-powered accent light in the backyard 'Tito'. We put sticks on top of it, and tell it 'Tito, don't move!'

I'm hoping it's not some weird reference to Tito Jackson. I mean, how would a 2 1/2 year old know anything about him?

I'm still going to try and get a tear gas grenade off of Dalem to throw into the neighbour's yard.

So, I'm sitting with me friend Small Emma the other night (before the fecking gout kicked up again), and she takes me to the window on the sun porch, and says, "Look, Grandma Steve. There's the park".

The 'park' is what she calls the next-door neighbour's fecking immense 'back-yard playground' thing, which looks like something that was either 'defended by Cavalry soldiers against the Indians' (ala 'Branded'), or a facility that is rented out by local Navy Seal units for training exercises (although how the swing fits in is anyone's guess).

You know what I'm talking about. One of those things made up of 4 by 4 beams erected into an approximation of Disneyland with flags, slides, swings, climbing areas, ladders, bridges and 'tower reconnaissance platforms'; all for the enjoyment of the children of people with huge backyards and more money than God.

She calls it 'the park'. She has been looking at it all winter, through the window. And now that it is, in fact, actually something like 'Spring' here in Minnesota (made glorious by this Small Child of York), she looks at it with spectacular longing. And she tells me, at great length and in superb detail, how we're going to "go over the fence, and we will play on the park. And you and I will go down the slide, Grandma Steve. And we will climb up the ladders, and everything!"

And I, looking at this Towering Monument to Property and Privilege (Jen & Chris's neighbours are a lawyer and his money-spending wife with luxury autos, designer sweaters and $750,000 home in a rich neighbourhood), and I tell her: Emma Sine, Small Friend, that 'park' belongs to the neighbours. We can't just hop the fence and play there.

Here's a kid who has taken in the lesson of 'sharing', and she is, in her innocence, going to apply it across the boards.

So I start making plans for 'The Sharing'. The neighbours have a Chow, so we need pepper-spray. The father is a lawyer, so I'm going to need something that can go to full-auto if he comes out and tries to tell us we can't play there. Man, I've been waiting for years to hose down a lawyer.

And then Small Emma's Mom comes to me, and tells me: "No, Grandma Steve. We are not going to to 'Mount an Operation' against the neighbours. That is not a good lesson. I don't care what you've learned from that gang of psychotics on the Peng Challenge Thread."

And she tells me, they're going to pare some expenses, and cough up some money to build a smaller, but still nice 'playground' area in their backyard.

That's nice, too. Emma and I like going outside, and playing. For reasons that I never want to explore, she's named the non-functioning solar-powered accent light in the backyard 'Tito'. We put sticks on top of it, and tell it 'Tito, don't move!'

I'm hoping it's not some weird reference to Tito Jackson. I mean, how would a 2 1/2 year old know anything about him?

I'm still going to try and get a tear gas grenade off of Dalem to throw into the neighbour's yard.