Feedback based on the demo (and comparison with CM1X)

After playing the demo, reading the manual (not in that order :D ), I feel like giving some feedback, based a lot on CM1X play. BTW, I'm playing in WEGO.

First, I'd like to say I love it, that is a great game, which doesn't compromise the roots it's been built on, and is a lot of fun. So few sequels like that, on the market ...

Pros in my opinion:

- good editor (so few games with that, nowadays)

- superb graphics and sounds (environmental)

- individual spotting. Wow, absolutely great !

- camera is really really nicely done. Anyone having a problem with it should look at hotkeys and all and recheck.

- performance of game. Great. Running on an AMD64X2 3800, 2GB of RAM and a NVidia 7800GT, without any problem. But that's winXP, not bloody Vista :cool:

- UI: Still as good as CM1X, needs a bit of practise, but hotkeys are still here.

- realism: well, that is Combat Mission !

Cons (possible enhancements)

- someone mentioned the LOS gone ? I'm not sure I need it, but I surely miss it ! Maybe the ground details makes it not needed at all ...

- the unit tables are gone also, along with the kills stats. Bad. This function, in a patch would be priority 1 for me. How else could I assess which tactical group was the most effective AA ?

- TacAI could certainly be better. I fried 10 T72 at veteran level. Seems none realised where the shot were coming from, and persisted to jump straight into the ambush ... Also, some epic shooting in the ground, from time to time (I suppose it's a known bug).

- Wego in multi-player. I've read it's gone. That's annoying. Have to try RT maybe.

OK, straight to purchasing the game ;)

Originally posted by JasonC:

On the endless no LOS tool comment, just go to the targeting menu, pick any targeting order, and scan around. LOS tool in all but name. Right click to exit without ordering a shot (or clear target if you did by mistake).

Unless it doesn't have a weapon, in which case, no targeting.