No Room for MMG in Assault (MOUT) platoon

Echo

Since the capacity for most military vehicles is "one more" I think they should just boost the capacity overall. Yes a hardtop hummer only has 4 seats but it sure can carry more than that if you really want it to. To think that any unit is going to tell something as vital as a MMG team that they have to walk to catch up is just silly.

This is by design. The MOUT formation is larger than the standard organic Stryker Rifle Platoon headcount. That's because an Engineer Squad is sprinkled into it. Organically the Stryker Rifle Platoon has 1 more soldier than it does seats, so adding another 9 men is just out of the question. There are tricks to overstuff all four of your Strykers, but this is suboptimal.

In real life what would happens is everybody would be dropped off at an assembly point and they would go into combat on foot. Remember, this is a MOUT specific formation that is designed for fighting within a city environment. It is not something that is designed to be viable outside of that environment.

Steve

They still can. As I said in my previous post, you can split a MOUT Stryker squad into a 2 man AT team and a rifle team for transport purposes. Once they get out you can merge the squad back together again and it retains its MOUT internal organization (3 teams of 3).

To get everyone loaded up, here's what you do.

The HQ and one of the MGs goes in vehicle #1

1st Squad splits off its AT team and goes in vehicle #2 with the other MG.

2nd Squad goes in vehicle #3 with the split off AT team from 1st Squad.

3rd Squad goes in vehicle #4.

Simple! smile.gif