Trouble getting infantry to move

skelley

While behavior when moving is much better now I am having trouble getting them to move in MOUT operations. Assault command doesn't get them moving even when there is no suppression and my guys are only Cautious. They stand up then sit back down. Unless these guys are just lazy something is wrong. Sometimes after I give them an assault command and they ignore it I can give a quick command and they will move (this sometimes makes them move in bounding movements like an assault command).

One particular squad I had not moving with assault I got to move with quick move (but only 1 team moved. So now they were split up so I split the teams and made one of the stuck teams quick move to the first team. It ran directly through a row of houses as if it were open terrain.

Runningthroughbuildings.jpg

I had a squad on the ground floor of an 8 storey building, gave them assault order to go into ground floor in 8 storey building that was joined to first one, they just got up then lay back down again, thought they might have gone out of door then into building to be assaulted but they did'nt. I then breached the wall between the 2 buildings and the assault order worked ok then.

Seems like you have "not" to be inside of a building to give the assault order to enter another building or you have to have a direct route such as the breached wall or a door between them. The assault order does'nt seem to work if it means squad actually going outside of a building then assaulting back into another. Move out of the building then order assault on 2nd building and it works ok.

[ December 16, 2007, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

I am not sure I understand Budge4's issue,

but what I might suggest if you need the "Blast" order to mouse hole through buildings connected wall to wall with no connecting doors.

Seems like you have "not" to be inside of a building to give the assault order to enter another building or you have to have a direct route such as the breached wall or a door between them
That's the way it is supposed to be (I think, if I understand your observation correctly) you need a blast team or a blast order to make a hole from one building into the next, then order the Assault order for the squad to go through the hole made by the blast.

Did I understand the problem or the issue correctly? :confused:

Basically the assault order cannot be used to make a hole to connect to buildings that are not connected, but you can do that with the blast command.

right?

When i gave order to assault the building that was next to the one i was in (no interconnecting doors but other buiding joined to one my squad was in)) i thought maybe the squad would exit out of the building they were in then assault into building next door through that buildings own door, but they would'nt move. Trying to explain it as best as i can, sorry if you dont understand what i mean.