Time Frame?

pad152

they keep saying winter 2006 .... (in which hemishere is open to interpretation.... smile.gif )

but its hard to believe at this point

originally it was "FOR SURE by the end of 2005" so said Moon..

and we were all betting on a Dec 31 2005 release

(but then he got slapped around a bit I guess, :confused: because no one is claiming the first release of CMx2 will ship before Jan. 1 2006)

-tom w

[ September 21, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by pad152:

Reading this forum, it sounds like the game is in pre-ahpla stage and still 12 - 18 months away?

Assuming you meant to type "pre-alpha" stage, you could be way off. I've seen nothing to indicate that the first releases are not in beta testing and scenario design at this moment. You have to understand though that it is extremely probable that CM is subject to an ongoing process of product improvement, and that is what most of the current discussion on this board is about.

I think I'd had better say unequivocally that I am no part of the BFC design team, I have not signed nor been asked to sign any NDA, nor have I spoken with anyone who has. In other words, no "inside information" has been spilled in this post. But from my long association as customer and fan of CM, some things strike me as either blindingly obvious or terrifically unlikely. Take your pick.

:D

Michael

[ September 21, 2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

aka_tom_w

they keep saying winter 2006 .... (in which hemishere is open to interpretation.

15 months from now is still Winter 2006 in the US! :eek:

Michael Emrys

I've seen nothing to indicate that the first releases are not in beta testing.

Except for the fact there are no beta testers, Duh! :rolleyes: Reading the forum I find it hard to believe the game is anywere near Beta.

I hope I'm Wrong!

Meh, who cares?

Find another game to occupy your time for now, or *gasp* dust off that thing you used to call a social life.

Battlefront has always been about the 'when it's done' release date and I think that's the best way to go.

Think of it this way - the longer they work on it (and it's already been a while) the more awesome the end result is likely to be.

Battlefront has always been about the 'when it's done' release date and I think that's the best way to go.[\quote]

No Battlefront has always been make a guess then have us wait another 6-8 months.

Who Cares?

Well I would like to know the general timeframe of the release, will my current PC handled it, will I need a new video card, more memory? Some of us budget our entertainment dollars.

I wish, that was true, can anyone say Harpoon IV(canceled after 4 years in development) or 82nd Airbone(missed it's 7th release and going nowhere)!

The basic rule of thumb of software development is, the longer a project takes the more likly it will be cancelled!

The basic rule of thumb of software development is, the longer a project takes the more likly it will be cancelled!

I suppose that's true of many game publishers.

But I really, really doubt it's true of Battlefront. Of all the CM games, none have ever dissapointed me and now they are publishing a lot of indy titles to bolster their collective coffers and keep them out of bankruptcy.

Maybe I'm just a fan boy...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Battlefront has always been about the 'when it's done' release date and I think that's the best way to go.[\quote]

No Battlefront has always been make a guess then have us wait another 6-8 months.

Who Cares?

Well I would like to know the general timeframe of the release, will my current PC handled it, will I need a new video card, more memory? Some of us budget our entertainment dollars.

I wish, that was true, can anyone say Harpoon IV(canceled after 4 years in development) or 82nd Airbone(missed it's 7th release and going nowhere)!

The basic rule of thumb of software development is, the longer a project takes the more likly it will be cancelled! </font>

What Planet do you live on? First off, I could save enough in pennies to more than fund this game by the time its released. CM isnt something you budget, you just PREORDeR and when they announce the Gold Version will begin shipping in 4-6 weeks, you get on this board every 3 minutes to ask Matt if they mailed YOUR copy yet. Very simple.

And the longer it takes means nothing. They wont go out of business.

-Ray