BMP smoke!?

well, i dont know if its a bug or if the BMP(Mk2 in this case) have a srange smoke launch pattern in reality but it surely doesnt work as intended.

bmpsmokebugqr6.th.jpg

the red rings mark the possitions from where it seems the smoke came from after launch(the selected vehicle launched it). the wind brought it back to me than.

however i dont think that this is the kind of smoke cover wich should emerge out of poping smoke from a BMP.

is that intentional or mentioned allready!? if yes than ignore this ;)

I'm told the Sovjets intend their smoke to be projected forward in order to cover the path of attack.
hm, thats verry interessting. that would explain this a bit. but unfortunately its not really, hm, effective at all currently.

i dunno if it could use some tewaking, but its verry low priority for sure id say.

just wanted to bring it up since i didnt saw it mentioned so far.

It was quite effective for me playing red on "meeting at high altitude". Advancing 1 BMP on the left I got it to pop smoke and it landed infront of the enemy formation without obscuring my fire.

This brings me to another question, can we have more control over the direction and distance where the smoke is launched for infantry and vehicles where appropriate (ie when equipent/your soldiers arms means you can aim it).

• 4 weeks later...

BMP smokes (the soviet 81mm - used in T-tanks too) fires 300 meters in real life and is not "instant smoke screen" like the newest western (and eastern) stuff, but once the grenades hit the ground, they ignite and start forming a smokescreen slowly but surely. And yeah, they are not meant to conceal the firer, but rather blind the enemy who is going to get overran by the BMP and T-tank flotilla smile.gif

Zip