Eager to be impressed by 1.06: Point me at a "model" scenario

Bahger

I know that my time available for gaming combined with my extremely negative opinion of 1.01 will make my test of 1.06 a "do or die" moment for the game.

My biggest beefs were Keystone Kops pathfinding, hopeless MOUT and now I've read here that there are problems with unit placement in Campaign missions with 1.06.

I would so like to embrace this game. Can anyone guide me to a scenario that really showcases it in all its post-1.06 glory? I'm interested in playing Blue, force size should probably be small-ish for acclimatization purposes, I'd like to test all (or most) indirect fire/support options, there should be vehicles, of course (tanks plus ATMs if possible) and no MOUT unless it plays like MOUT and not Spring Break.

Thanks guys. It's good to be back, even while still in suspense. I haven't played it since abandoning it at 1.01.

If you're an old CMx1 hand i suggest you pick up Mark Ezra's "Chance Encounter" scenario at cmmods.com. Its main benefit is (besides being a hoot to play) is its a 'benchmark' comparison to the earlier "Chance Encounter" scenario incarnations done for CMBO, CMBB and CMAK. You can see what plays the same and what's different.

And people have had kind words to say (okay, just one person) about the AI assault plans in my own "The King Copper mines" scenario, also posted at cmmods.com. Armor-heavy combines arms ME.

can you suggest a company-sized scenario and maybe a smaller
unfortunately i cant do you this favour.

after all its the scenario wich breaks or makes the game for you. and i want NOT break the game for you by suggesting a scenario wich is good in "my" view. you have to know, 4 out of 5 battles i play are RED vs RED.

since you said you like to play blue i wont suggest a RED vs RED scenario for you, but if you "would" consider playing one of these i "would" suggest "The Kings Chopper Mine"(you find the thread here on the frontpage).

if you are remotely up for a rather balanced(surely more than Blue vs Red)scenario, wich features tanks, APC´s and arty go ahead and try it. its about company/medium sized.

i had some good fun with it. actually its playable by both sides. one side is a bit more the attacking one(RED) and blue is pretty close to 2 of 3 objectives and so is more on the defending side, but its a meeting engagement by designation.

Yes, see, I don't want to try the campaign again until 1.07, as Steve has stated that they are looking into a problem in 1.06. I will take the advice offered here and find a stand-alone scenario to test out the improvements, which I'm thrilled to hear are significant.

Is it necessary to limit my search to scenarios built for 1.06, or will there be full 1.06 functionality in scenarios built for previous versions of the game?

I really liked that Mikey D Mission where you have to Rescue that Black Water Security Guys. That was Fun even with 1.05

I dont know if it was MikeyDs and the Name. But it was Fun. Not that Big. Got ARty and some Strykers. Tactical Plan you have to Follow not to Blood Seeping Hollywood Gameplay.

"Tactical Plan you have to Follow not to Blood Seeping Hollywood Gameplay."

Ah, well, that's the holy grail for me, *tactical fidelity*. I can find Hollywood gameplay elsewhere (COD4).

If there is a scenario location for tac-geeks, I'd certainly appreciate knowing about it.