Anyone still anyoyed with this?

Hev

Im still quite anoyed that (for some unknown reason) BFC changed the graphic for the artilery from the vanila version.

I realy wont that cone graphic back, we know its more realistic then the "ball" explosion and BFC should never have changed it in the first place.

For me my first "Holy **** how cool was that moment!!" was when i first saw a 155 barrage with the cone of death. Now its just a distant memory :(

And now captain you show how little you know about that of which you speak! I suggest you resarch before replying to posts.

Do you realy think that an artilery shell explodes the way its portrayed in the game? if so can i have your bank account number and all your security details please.

Wait a minute captain, if your going to use THAT argument then the spherical explosion needs to go too.

I realy hate people who argue a point with one argument, then when that gets disproved they just think up a new argument. You sir are an idiot.

We NEED an explosion graphic, it SHOULD be as realistic as possable and there MUST be visable signs for the player.

Now then private adultery, we know YOU dont like the cone graphic but the fact is ITS THE MORE REALISTIC OF THE TWO.

Rolstoy: id like to see the cone bcak with some ground effects as well, be nice if your arty kicked up a serious sand storm when it hit :D

Maybe, to save dust sprites and particles, they could also bring back the good ol' shockwaves, this time in form of a ground-hugging polygon "fence" that fades out at the top, not the whole semi-sphere ("blast") that the current particle system ("shrapnel") obviously is equivalent to.

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: Do the shrapnel particles actually get some collision checking?