Wishlist

Since I start to became fond of the new engine and this damned freezing problem has been solved, I have found some things I would like to have added!

1.) The command tabs should be accessable direct by keys, for example F1 to F4. I find it a bit unfonfortable to change the tab with the mouse each time. It would be also helpfull if the single commands get own hotkeys, too. Since very different commands use all the same key, I often order the wrong things. That's a very critical problem in RT mode. The mouse should be free primary for the 3D window. It would also be very helpfull if all keys can be asigned manually.

To be continued...

Originally posted by Scipio:

1.) The command tabs should be accessable direct by keys, for example F1 to F4. I find it a bit unfonfortable to change the tab with the mouse each time. It would be also helpfull if the single commands get own hotkeys, too. Since very different commands use all the same key, I often order the wrong things. That's a very critical problem in RT mode. The mouse should be free primary for the 3D window. It would also be very helpfull if all keys can be asigned manually.

Have you tried using the numpad to issue commands? It might be a little faster for you. '/' and '*' to cycle through the command tabs and the numbers match up to the commands. Takes some getting used to but I think it works pretty well.

In Scenario Editor it would be nice if units stayed in their map positions when you change map size. This same problem was in CMx1 games.

Now if you've positioned a unit to a house and then make map bigger, the unit is no longer in the house. You have to reposition all units.

Another wish to the editor would be a tool that is often found in drawing programs like MS Paint: when you click a pixel, it selects the colour of that pixel. After that it's used as the drawing colour.

This same idea could save time when painting maps. Click a map tile and all the ground, wall, tree/whatever things would be picked and used afterwards when painting the map. Much faster than trying to find correct tile from all those tile types.

Originally posted by Scipio:

Since I start to became fond of the new engine and this damned freezing problem has been solved, I have found some things I would like to have added!

To be continued...

You can also use T and Y for changing page, but like you I would like a hot key for every page or even better a hot key for every action.

And I would also like to have hotkeys for the three Instant Commands: Pause, Cancel All and Evade, since one moves mouse way to much around in the RTS part of CMSF and like Scipio, I would like to keep my mouse in the 3D window.

So far my main wishlist item is this:

- add a "veteran plus" difficulty level. Same as veteran, except adds the enemy spotting, artillery delays, and healing rules from elite. (I don't like the friendly spotting & pause rules of elite.)

Since I have no idea how hard this would be, or how many people would actually want, it's pure wishlist. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment. It's just something I'd like.

I second the veteran plus level. I like elite except for the lack of order giving while paused. It makes RT difficult with large forces.

And as far as I have understood there are direct hotkeys for the various command panels. Will have to check out the numpad stuff also.

Originally posted by Bonxa:

I second the veteran plus level. I like elite except for the lack of order giving while paused. It makes RT difficult with large forces.

It has been hinted that Pausing will be available in Elite-mode aswell, when the decision is final I would expect it by the next patch.