Using a tablet for CM?

Guest Panzer Boxb

I have one, but I haven't thought to try it in CM. My recommendation would be to shoot for a nice comfy wireless trackball. Really eases the strain.

Many tablets use 'absolute tracking', which means where the pointer/pen is at on the tablet is where the cursor will be on the screen. So you have to be aware of where you're pointing on the tablet. Some people may hate this, but others may prefer this to the relative tracking that mice do. A real good tablet is programmable and some of them can be set to use relative or absolute tracking (but a good one will cost a bit of money).

If you're really used to the relative tracking of mice, then a wireless trackball that Panzer Boxb recommended may be more to your liking.

I had your problem (actually carpal tunnel, but it still hurts to move your arm). Tablets are the only way to go. I use a old Calcomp 12 x 12 with a 16 button wireless puck. I vastly prefer absolute tracking to relative. You don't have to move your arm as much. As Schrullenhaft said, you can toggle back and forth if you want.

Plus, 16 programmable buttons instead of the two on a mouse. Plus, you can still use the mouse too, if you want (however, I haven't moved the thing in months). Plus, programmable tablet menus.

The drawback is they are very expensive. Try here.

http://www.pbsolutions.com/products.htm

A good CAD style workstation helps too.