Newbie, "Library" server, Toronto conspiracy

Tarquelne

So after getting the game Sunday I eagerly booted up the game to play...

A day or two later, after Clay provided some invaluable help - THANKS! - I was all set to go! Except for a little visit to the hospital that suddenly seemed necessary...

Ok, the medical stuff is over with and _probably_ isn't DropTeam's fault. So no lawsuit. And tonight I finally got to play. Yay!

First:

I started up a LAN game. LAN so my SO and I would inflict our cluelessness on each other only. It was not to be, as we soon found strange intelligences dropping out of the sky and blowing the hell out of us.

Well, blowing the hell out of me. They seemed to leave _her_ alone. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks to everyone who Dropped in. We had a good time! (That IMG review sucks.)

Second:

I was surprised to see anyone show up.

Is there call for more servers in the DT community? My connection seems like it's been a little flaky lately, but the ISP says that should be over with. If a new server would be appreciated it seems I can host it. The computer it was on tonight is up most of the time. (Though, come to think of it, it's a Dell and the warranty just ran out...)

[ November 08, 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Tarquelne ]

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

So after getting the game Sunday I eagerly booted up the game to play...

A day or two later, after Clay provided some invaluable help - THANKS! - I was all set to go! Except for a little visit to the hospital that suddenly seemed necessary...

Ok, the medical stuff is over with and _probably_ isn't DropTeam's fault. So no lawsuit. And tonight I finally got to play. Yay!

First:

I started up a LAN game. LAN so my SO and I would inflict our cluelessness on each other only. It was not to be, as we soon found strange intelligences dropping out of the sky and blowing the hell out of us.

Well, blowing the hell out of me. They seemed to leave _her_ alone. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks to everyone who Dropped in. We had a good time! (That IMG review sucks.)

Second:

I was surprised to see anyone show up.

Is there call for more servers in the DT community? My connection seems like it's been a little flaky lately, but the ISP says that should be over with. If a new server would be appreciated it seems I can host it. The computer it was on tonight is up most of the time. (Though, come to think of it, it's a Dell and the warranty just ran out...)

EDIT: Okay... maybe that warranty joke isn't a joke. I just checked and my server no longer shows up on the Network list.

Tarq...I took time off from beating up the guys over at Gyrene's to go drinking tonite but I'll keep an eye out for your server. I promise to shoot up your SO more than you. Cheers.

EDIT:

Looks like my information was out of date. I'll try running a server. It's up - well, should be up - with the name "Library." It's got vanilla settings. If anyone wants different ones just post here. Post here if there's a problem, too. I've no idea if my connection/hardware can consistently support a decent server.

I promise to shoot up your SO more than you. Cheers.
Thank you. And thank you for putting the above about as well as could be expected. Though I suppose anything that avoided "nailing" would be OK.

[ November 03, 2006, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Tarquelne ]

So that was you with the Library server. I was one of those people who dropped in, but it must have been after you were finished playing. Like my bboyle, I look forward to blasting you and your friend into a million pieces....its kinda the Drop Team way of saying "pleased to meet you".

Originally posted by Junglist:

Toby - are you visiting or do you live in Toronto? If so, why didn't I know that already? That would help explain the curling on Fridays I guess.

In case you haven't guessed, yes, I live in Toronto.

Ah - now that's funny.

Actually I live just a little north of Toronto at Richmond Hill. The british accent is just a disguise :)

Cheers!

I knew you had to be in North America due to the EST thing, but for some reason I thought you were in Florida - I have no idea where I got that from! It's kinda cool that we've been nearby all this time. Along with Sir Jalinth (he lives in Barrie I believe) we could form a pretty lethal all Ontario team.

Sorry Tarquelne, didn't mean to high-jack your thread and all.